Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s actually why I hate AG testing. Cus it ends up being “don’t worry” you won’t get tested anyways so the rules really don’t matter unless your fast.

I’ve always wished they simply had a testing group. So the 58 year old using the “wrong” cold medicine should need zero worries just to do a fing triathlon.

But you want to race for podium etc you follow the doping rules.

So the new AG doping "safe sport" allows sports to pump their chest that everyone is racing under clean sport but you slow people don’t *really* have to follow the rules......but you actually do and damn your fucked if you actually did get tested.

I just think it's a bit stupid that newbies coming into the sport have to know all this stuff, but because they probaly suck and wont get tested, that's the *out*. So it's not that we think they shouldn't have to worry, it's because we know they likely wont get tested that let's us kinda say "dont worry"...but then if you did get tested, you'd be f'd and all for what? To finish a local triathlon?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 9, 19 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Was that the cases where a few could show it was contaminated but one of them couldn’t “prove it” and they each got different penalties?

Vine and Keat got two years, Neben 6 months. But that's not because Neben proved anything. In her CAS decision they tested all 14 supplements she was taking (!) and found nothing. The reduced suspension seems more to do with CAS buying her defense that she was a "victim" of USA Cycling who had provided the Hammer products to her through a sponsorship deal, but didn't provide her any education.

Keat tried to "prove" that the supplement was trained, but it was a laughable chain of custody - bottle to be tested came from her sister.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 9, 19 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keat tried to "prove" that the supplement was trained, but it was a laughable chain of custody - bottle to be tested came from her sister.

——

Yes that’s one of things I’ve found from usada. Essentially use best judgement with everything you put in your body but if you wanted to ever have an proper supplement check, it would have to come from an same batch + sealed bottle. Just saving 1 scope at the bottom of your bottle isn’t good enough to prove it. Exact Batch # and sealed products would help you in those instances.

Though it likely isn’t good enough defense cus I think it goes back to “knowing everything you put into your body”. That’s why I struggle with scenarios where you check the bottle and do the right then only to then have it contaminated or other stuff not listed.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

And accidental doesn’t mean uncontrollable.

Yes it does. It's literally the definition. A bad event caused by random chance. Out of your hands.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Aug 9, 19 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No an accident is something that is unplanned or unintentional.

Something that is uncontrollable could be something you are completely aware of or intend to do, but still incapable of being controlled/managed.

Anyways, moving on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a quick google search and found that a few professional women who've been popped with a positive but were able to prove "contaminated" substances and were then given very light sentences (6 months).
Ashley Paulson https://www.usada.org/...on-accepts-sanction/

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a part of a big organization. I asked for testing at a big national championship. It won't happen. Why? It's f---ing expensive. So for an AG'er to be caught, likely a 'rat' fronted the money or there were multiple complaints about her - and - this maybe the only product in her system found during testing.. so she maybe more than guilty
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was she the only one to get tested or where all the age group winners tested? If only her then someone rated her out.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes self promotion is "strong with this one"
Quote Reply
Re: Another Narcissistic AGer Busted [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Brooks you’re creating a straw man. I don’t doubt what you say.

But we are talking supplements, which are *chosen*, made by companies that *choose* to make them, consumed by us athletes that presumably *choose* to try to go faster.

It’s my hypothesis that ostarine in salt tabs is the logical conclusion of this system of rational actors, and not a random chance occurrence. It’s just economics.

maybe. And from this point going forward I am inclined to your thinking. But I want to point out: an ostarine tainted salt tab was sold at a slowtwitch road show by a highly respected tri shop owner who is friends with Dan Empfield (I think they are friends, at least.).
Quote Reply

Prev Next