Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Angling Zipp Vuka Alumina Cups
Quote | Reply
I've had the zipp vuka alumina bars with the evo 110 extensions. I love them. The only thing that would make them better is to angle the cups slightly upwards. I tried it with a very rudimentary "shim" under the front bolt on the cup, and it was night and day support. So much better. My question is, if I get a longer bolt for the bar and shim it myself, is the cup in much danger of breaking since it's a slightly different angle to the plastic? If it's a death trap, then fine, but if putting a 1 inch washer under the front of the cup won't make a difference in safety, it will make a HUGE difference in comfort.

Thanks!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Angling Zipp Vuka Alumina Cups [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could play around with beveled washers, but a full inch of offset sounds a little unrealistic. If it were me and I put in spacers, I would probably re-tap and put in helicoils too since I *feel* Zipp does a crap job with their threads. Your threads will be stressed a little more with the longer bolts required for your desired setup if you add some spacers and.

I apologize if you already tried it, but what about doing the 70 mm rise EVO extensions and tilting the bars in their stock setup. You could get your hands in the same spot (x and y) with a slightly different wrist angle and get those cups to a more desirable tilt for your fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Angling Zipp Vuka Alumina Cups [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally get the 70 idea. Yeah, I've had the extensions for a year, I was just monkeying around because I was on the elbow and wondered about the change. It's night and day initially, so I think I am going to try it. An inch was a guestimate, but I hope it will work!

Thanks for the insight!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply