Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And you thought the USAT Nationals situation was a mess
Quote | Reply
Montreal loses World Aquatic Championships

http://slam.canoe.ca/...01/19/903459-cp.html

Sounds like there's a good chance that Athens will end up with the Meet, both because they've shown the ability to pull together a big sporting event from the abyss in less than six months and they're the only ones who want to hold them.
Quote Reply
Re: And you thought the USAT Nationals situation was a mess [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm suprised Montreal didn't just use the pool from the '76 olympics. It's old but it's pretty nice (of course it's been 10+ years since I swam in it).
Quote Reply
Re: And you thought the USAT Nationals situation was a mess [mj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Olympic pool was probably part of the event facilities plan, but the number of actual events and disciplines is more than twice what it was for the '76 Olympics- add in women's water polo and synchro, a bigger men's water polo field, twice as many diving events, and and a significant number of new swim events (50s, men's 800, women's 1500, women's 4x200 FR) so you need about twice the pool space for this event that you had for those Olympics.
Quote Reply
Re: And you thought the USAT Nationals situation was a mess [mj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 76 Olympic pool is indeed a sweet venue. I loved swimming there when visiting my parents !
Quote Reply