Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
And....Lance's response
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [barelysub4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder how much Lance paid for the lawyers to write that up? Any idea?
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does it really matter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he probably pays a lot to have his attorney write that up and manage other legal aspects of his organization/life/business etc. Lawyers get paid a lot...especially ones that are retained by celebrities.
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None of this will change one persons mind, just like OJ, bonds, clemens, and many others.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livestrong pays it to uh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:

I'm sure the for-profit part of Livestrong does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder what your agenda is :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, they quoted from Landis' Positively False?
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that was funny, especially after saying they were concerned USADA was going to use individuals that lied, like Floyd. Then they quoted his book...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't say that, but maybe the same firm handles different aspects of his life, organization, business. They probably represent many different individuals and organizations so they are adept at billing different people for different things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luskin is a damn good lawyer. But this response is more a PR campaign than anything else. I suspect that this is the strategy -- misdirection, scream bloody murder about the process, etc. Do what necessary to protect the brand, regardless of any eventual sanction. This site is proof that a good number will buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tl;dr

Cliff notes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW, 18 pages! Lances lawyers are ready to kick ass, theylll take down all of USADA when its said and done! #best lawyer wins
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They keep trying to find Lance guilty so he is punished and banned, but yet he has never been found to be guilty. So what is the only other way to keep him from performing and keep him under a ban? Keep him under investigation. I would really like to know if USADA does intact have tests to prove he is guilty, or if they instead are doing their best in keeping him out of performing by constantly bringing up new allegations, without any real evidence against him that will hold up in the court of law.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So read the pdfs and thought to myself, I know, I'll go to ST for some insightful analysis.

That's how I knew I was drunk already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be the exact point of doing so.

-----------------------------------
team website: http://snappletriteam.com/

team blog: http://snappletriteam.com/?page_id=10
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:

So read the pdfs and thought to myself, I know, I'll go to ST for some insightful analysis.

That's how I knew I was drunk already.

Got a chuckle on that one as I sipped on my cold one.
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and that's the rub... Lance can't win this (most likely) in the normal process of the USADA sanctions, and he definitely won't take it to Federal Court where the prosecution will have the opportunity to get him on the stand and under oath.... so, the only place to really attack and win this thing is in the court of public opinion.

And he has a good chance too... with the dearth of critical thinking and rational thought in America and especially in the Livestrong set, the 24 hour news cycle and the effect of media on politics, and the star power of Lance and his ability possibly influence government figures, I think the course they're going is the right one.

They *know* how willfully ignorant their tweets, faux op-eds, and now this rebuttal are, but they're not trying to convince the evidence based types who would objectively work through the facts and come to an informed conclusion, such as how I hope the CAS arbitrators in the US or ultimately CAS itself would do it. Team LA needs to win the hearts and minds of greater America, so that even if "guilty" his brand remains the same and the feeble minds remain made up that Lance is a saint, and also potentially to get outside assistance to force a "not guilty" or dismissal.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [indytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indytri wrote:
Kenney wrote:

I'm sure the for-profit part of Livestrong does.

Nice...I love it when people are sure and not just hypothesizing. Can you please, with you extensive knowledge of SEC form 990, show us all where Livestrong pays for Lance's lawyers. Oh, and while you're at it...show us where they hide the jet.

http://www.livestrong.org/...inancial-information

http://www.livestrong.org/...-0/LAF-2010-Form-990
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are aware there are two Livestrong organizations.... for profit and non-profit (or not-for-profit, I'm not sure which).

Also, are you aware of Greg Mortensen?

cheers

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Wonder how much Lance paid for the lawyers to write that up? Any idea?

Patton Boggs is one of the most powerful law and lobbying firm in DC. I'm going to guess a lot
Last edited by: USCoregonian: Jun 22, 12 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am like a lot of these you say they are trying to get support from. Did he dope, I could care less. Did probably most of them dope back then, I could care less. Are they probably still doping, I could care less.
Will whatever USADA does every change my mind, NOPE!! Do I care when a business knows they have a bad rule, but do not have the guts to make the fix now, yep I do.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"with the dearth of critical thinking and rational thought in America and especially in the Livestrong set"

Sigh. That's disingenuous at best. But yes, it feels so good to dismiss wide swaths of people through stereotyping.

Quote Reply
Re: And....Lance's response [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I could care less."

But can you care more? We still don't know what side of the fence you're trying to sit on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next