Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants
Quote | Reply
Almost unbelievable story. Dwyer's either a blatant cheat or a complete idiot. USADA gave him a 4 year ban, but a court of arbitration downgraded it to 20 months. He was trying to get it reduced to 16 months so he'd be eligible for 2020 Olympic Trials. He announced his retirement moments after the doping ban went public.

https://swimswam.com/...estosterone-pellets/

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 12, 19 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m started to think some of these people are just morons. You know you’re under doping controls constantly. To the point he was tested three times in the same month. But fuck it let’s have some random person put some pellets under my skin sure go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe he was using a modified version of testosterone, thats why he thought that they won't catch him.

Wheelsity
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
I’m started to think some of these people are just morons. You know you’re under doping controls constantly. To the point he was tested three times in the same month. But fuck it let’s have some random person put some pellets under my skin sure go for it.

Yeah, I said he should have gotten the full 4 years for doping, then a lifetime ban for stupidity.

Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double letters strike again!

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was he always a cheat ? Was he trying to keep himself from slowing down ?

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:

Except they didn't. It's Conor.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

Except they didn't. It's Conor.

Yeah, I had it wrong in the title, now corrected.

Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Was he always a cheat ? Was he trying to keep himself from slowing down ?

Either way, he's nothing to me now. He's not a brother, he's not a friend. I don't want to know him or what he does. I don't want to see him on TV, I don't want him near my pool. When he sees Rowdy, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

Yeah, I said he should have gotten the full 4 years for doping, then a lifetime ban for stupidity.

At least the something I took was tainted excuses is feasible. The I didn’t know excuse is moronic. You didn’t know? Was google down when you were asking the doctor what they were using? Come on.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did he not know they were testosterone pellets? This strains my mental capacity to believe he didn't know what he was putting in his body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
gary p wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

At least the something I took was tainted excuses is feasible. The I didn’t know excuse is moronic. You didn’t know? Was google down when you were asking the doctor what they were using? Come on.

I love how he claims that he didn't know the BioTE "supplements" were testosterone.

And I believe him. Because if he did know it's like he might as well have knocked on the door at USADA and asked for a ban.

Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His "explanation" is completely ridiculous bullshit. He's a doper, plain and simple. Good riddance, at least he had the decency to immediately retire. He's been more interested in jetting around the world on an endless vacation consisting entirely of exotic five-star resorts using daddy's money and posting wanna-be model shots on Instagram for the past four years anyway.
Last edited by: hiro11: Oct 12, 19 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rowdy does a terrible job of researching the field when he is announcing/commentating. Compare that to Chris H-W who spends time looking up all of the swimmers and makes notes so he has intelligent things to say or ask no matter the outcome of the race. I'm hoping he (Chris) is the english language announcer on deck in Tokyo (as he was in Rio).

As for Dwyer he can just stay the hell away from the sport.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
His "explanation" is completely ridiculous bullshit. He's a doper, plain and simple. Good riddance, at least he had the decency to immediately retire.

But he didn't have the decency to immediately retire. The reason this took so long to come public (his first failed test was November 2018, and Dwyer was made aware of the adverse analytical finding that December) was that he was trying to appeal the 4 year ban down to 16 months which would have restored his eligibility just before the 2020 Olympic Trials. He only retired after the shitstorm hit SwimSwam and other social media.

Last edited by: gary p: Oct 12, 19 8:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're a professional athlete (even non-professional), you go to the doctor or anyone else for that matter. They want to put testosterone pellets in your hip and then you get busted and youre like. 'I really didnt mean to dope and if I had known I wouldn't have let them do that'. I am supposed to believe that? Come on dude. I was literally laughing when I read that, its defies logic.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should not have been reduced...implant testosterone is pretty hardcore.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He and the Dwyer family are a big name around where I live, treated like swim gods. This is absolutely shameful and disgraceful really.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should have yanked his medals...the amount of athletes with medical conditions like 'fatigue' that require performance enhancing therapies is scary. That and TUE's is making me more and more cynical.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
His "explanation" is completely ridiculous bullshit. He's a doper, plain and simple. Good riddance, at least he had the decency to immediately retire.

Yeah 200% horseshit excuse.
I'm an old plodder who won't win anything and even I still check on everything I'm prescribed by the doc. Takes 2 minutes, the database is easy to use.

Hope the doper doesn't unretire and start doing Triathlons or Age Group / masters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
His "explanation" is completely ridiculous bullshit. He's a doper, plain and simple.

I complete agree. I'm just trying to figure out which kind of stupid he is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, fuck him!!
You get implants but claim you don't know they are against the rules!?
Tainted supplements is 99% a bullshit excuse, but getting ANYTHING IMPLANTED is 110% cheating.
3 positive tests and he still gets a reduced ban? Fuck that!
At least the reduced ban keeps him out if the next Olympics.
And he "retired" because of that Olympic exclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal Swimmer Connor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Only question about whether he knew or was just stupid would be - pellets?

If you have pellets and know you will be tested and know the substance in the pellets are banned then you are essentially 100 percent going to get caught

Although not being a doper maybe i don’t understand how the testing works.

So why would you do that? The Only way maybe you were too stupid t understand what was in the pellets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He and Lochte are two of kind in the realm of stupidity.

This is also just another example of why not to let some 'life coach' convince you they have the answer to athletic performance via a sketchy means.

Glad to see he won't ever be coming back to the sport.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: American Olympic gold medal swimmer Conor Dwyer busted for testosterone implants [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conor was a decent dude who could have scratched out a decent living as a former Olympic Champion had he just retired in 2016. What a colossal screw up. This would be like cheating on your last final in med school on a class you didn't need to graduate resulting in getting kicked out of school.
Quote Reply