Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amazing Thing About This Forum
Quote | Reply
Is that, to me, for some reason, it seems like every manufacturer, from Nike, Softride, Litespeed or somebody from the American Bicycling Group, Cervelo and so on, will have someone from that company post to "defend" a post here, from Aero Bars to whatever, from just about every bike company or tri related product in the world. I mean, within minutes. Its astounding. I don't know if emails go around about something to them or not.

"Somebody bashed you on Slowtwitch about your seat angle."

"Oh, they did. Well, screw them. Where's the post. Get the vice president of engineering to reply...."

You don't get that response anywhere else but here on tri forums but on THIS ONE.

Rivals Network bought my web site a few years ago, I'm still a publisher, but this would be like a college football coach or recruit showing up on a forum, right there on the forum to debate something or argue about it. Live. Never happens. There would be absolute pandemonium if you didn't restrict it to a subscriber chat room. Got rules and so on and the Press watches it, so that's a no no.

But here, you could mouth off about a bad Softride bike or Litespeed or Merlin, and here comes the dude from company running it, or one of the employees, posting, knows all about it, refutes what is said, and has the gonads to say who he is, and in his post, Sincerely, From Litespeed Company, with his phone number.

Appreciate this. Soak it in. Bask in it. Because Its very unusual.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Thing About This Forum [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, this is the best of the tri forums. Or at least it's the only one that I chose to waste time on when I should be training. I've lurked bit on the Trinewbies and Gordo's forum. The TNO forum is super friendly and a great place for newbies to begin but there is a lot of not so good advice mixed in with the good stuff there. Gordo's forum is IM orientated and a lot of very serious IM people but it's amazing how bike equipment clueless some of the posts over there are.

This is the best forum to get technical info on any kind of tri equipment. Just consider who started it. I'm sure that's why the manufacturers take this place so seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Thing About This Forum [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The personality of all those on this forum is what makes it unique. We is one whole bunch of beautiful fucked up car jackers and I wouldn't change a thing. Except myslef of course.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Thing About This Forum [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eloquent as always tibbs...

------------------------------------------------------------
"One thing I have found there are just two ways to go
It all comes down to livin' fast or dyin' slow"- Robert Earlk Keen Jr.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Thing About This Forum [notafish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm here for ya man.

Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Thing About This Forum [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to think of us as the Slowtwitch Mafia.

Quote | Reply
Snap! Dude that is excellent. Dan needs to work with that.

Quote Reply