Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Am I kicked of the ST club?
Quote | Reply
I didn't make the 13hr cuttoff at IMWI. Do I have to leave now?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes..yes you do anything above 10:30 deserve a flogging:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you are still a member of ST - SlowTwit.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just lower your seat and post 3 pics to the Hottie thread and I think you'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can stay ... but you don't get a finisher's medal, and you can't wear the t-shirt from the race (same goes for me in the 1/2).

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've already been banned from TNO. Where would you head next? Beginner triathlete? Oh wait, yes you must go to BT, I would love to see how well you fit in there. :)

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently I've already been banned at BT. I believe Hazen informed the Admin over at BT that I was a smart ass. He actually posted that he was going to do so about all of us "Trouble makers". I tried loggin in after the problems over at TNO....I got a "contact the adminstrator error"...never had that problem before.

Seems if I'm lost here my only choice is Gordo's world or R.T.S. newsgroup....if that's still alive.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't aware that pics to Hottie Thread was like "Our fathers" for confession. Hell if that works I can keep sinning.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you really get banned at TNO? What did you do? Please tell - I need a laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops, I forgot how the proposed rules would go. You DO get a medal ... only the ribbon will be a different color than those that finished under 13 hours.

Actually, while I disagreed with it at the time, that might be a pretty cool idea. Not thinking of it from the standpoint of "divisions amongst finishers (hierarchy), but rather incentive or motivators to move up the line ... then again, if one is motivated solely by ribbon color ... I wouldn't even begin to know what to say about that.

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will follow me till I die won't it....

Basically someone posted a cartoon of a naked chick with her legs spread sitting on teh end of a pool. It showed a dude at the other end swimming like a mad man to get to teh other side. The caption read "Swimming incentive?"

Following is a small portion of my letter of "resignition" on TNO after I was banned.

Starts Here>>>>

Remember BFD's nasty cartoon? Well Hazen made a post apologizing and Steve said "no need to apologize"...to which I replied to Steve yes he does have to apologize. If you take on the responsibility of censorship then you are responsible for failing
to provide that "protection" and thus are "required to apologize” if you do fail.

Well shortly after Hazen sent me this PM...

”do you go out of your way to be a p r i c k or does it just come naturally.

You know, if you don't like the way I run the site, quick coming back! Or if you'd like, I can certainly take care of it for you. It's as simple as 123.” (Note By MJuric: No it’s not really that simple as shown by this post)

Hazen“

I was actually quite shocked by his response as you’d think at this point, nearly 3000 post, he’d have at least a clue about my posting methods and stances

Thus I responded like this....

”Sorry you feel that way. No infact I wasn't trying to be p r i c k at all, simply disagreeing with Steve about the apology.

It's rather simple really, somewhat like politics.

Why are politicians always apologizing? Because they have taken the position that they are the protectors and providers for all rather than simply letting people be.

My point was rather simple really and in no way meant to be "prickish". If you decide that it is your responsibilty to provide something at a certain level then it is also your fault when that level is not provided. Thus you DO have to apologize because you have failed at providing that level of whatever.

I've yet to be a real prick...at least IMO...on your site. In fact I find that for the most part people are quite civil, unlike some of the other usenet "wilderness"

As far as the sight I think you do a great great job...could use more naked chicks....kidding. If I didn't like it I wouldn't come back.

Unless your speaking about the jab I made about the bart Simpson thing in "elsewhere", which was a JOKE. I don't see your point of me being a prick and hope I have made my argument a bit clearer above.

Oh and not sure how many of my posts you've read, but I like to argue, I think it's healthy and makes people think. So in the future rather than reading my posts as a personal attack try to read them as a bit more "global" as that is my intention in most cases. Either I'm arguing...or being a smartass...sometimes both.

~Matt...no offense intented”

Then followed up with this....

"Or if you'd like, I can certainly take care of it for you. It's as simple as 123."

Before you threaten someone the next time why don't you at least find out where they're coming from.

The written word is inherantly poor at conveying true intention, you as a web master should be most familiar with this effect.

Seems that in this case it would be you bordering on being a prick.

~Matt”
Well you’d think a response like that would at very least deserve a response, but no I did not receive one.

<<<<Ends here.

Then came the "disappointed" thread, tell me you know about that one, and basically Hazen was looking to get rid of the "Bad apples"....which of course I fell under in his eyes so I got nixed.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking finishers T-shirts with your time printed on them. That would be very cool IMO. also like the different colored ribbon ideas. Even finisher T-shirts for DNF's but something like a big red DNF on it.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More like a "Hail Mary".

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interesting. I stopped posting at TNO a while ago, so I missed most of that. As you know, you can be a "p r i c k" over here all you like. I think there's something in the water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh... the "Disappointed" thread... good times, good times.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hail Mary full of grace, blessed art thou among races....

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking finishers T-shirts with your time printed on them.

Hey man, I am seriously considering wearing a sleeveless t-shirt to LGET next year with the words "Last Year" at the top of the back of the t-shirt (like where a nameplate would go) and 7:44:42 printed below.

The more I think about my finishing time of my first race, the more agitated and motivated I get. I don't like not being good at things. It's not a fun feeling. Being able to wear a shirt where the finishing time starts with a "5", is very motivating to me at this point.

Sports like track, often have t-shirts that have the person's name, event, and PR on the backs.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you go out of your way to be a p r i c k or does it just come naturally

I was actually quite shocked by his response as you’d think at this point, nearly 3000 post, he’d have at least a clue about my posting methods and stances

How dumb is this Hazen guy? I've known you for a few hundred posts ... and I know that being a p r i c k comes naturally to you. Geez. =)

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Apparently I've already been banned at BT. .

~Matt[/reply]

well, here's the gist of what your missing:

"Congratulations TRIATHLETE!!!!!!!"
now repeat reading this over and over about 30-40 times
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [saunaking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The horror! God forbid there are people out there that are actually supporting and welcoming to each other as they figure out how to train and race tri's? What fools!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently it was Ok that I'm a prick....but I couldn't be a prick to him...that's a no no...

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone is against supporting anyone, here or anywhere else. Just kinda put off by the unoriginality of it all.

TNO & ST have actually taken this to a different level and actually turn it into a joke with the "Your seat is to high" and "You Rawwkkkk!!!" comments. Unfortunately however some simply don't get it and or take it seriously.

If you really want to support someone, say something with a bit of originality, thought and meaning. Otherwise it comes across as superficial. IOW every person on every forum doesn't need to tell the guy that just finished his/her first tri "Nice Job!, You Rawwwwwwk". But if for some reason their finish truely strikes a cord with you, say something with thought.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Post deleted by balanceguy [ In reply to ]
Re: Am I kicked of the ST club? [balanceguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
~~~~~~~~~Healing~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes coming your way big guy!!!!!!!!!!!

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~~~~~~~~~Healing~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes coming your way big guy!!!!!!!!!!!

That's too much. Stop it. =)

--------------------------

I can't remember who but the first time I saw (((((((( Name ))))) and found out it meant "hug", I was dying. Of course that was trumped by whoever posted "(((((((((( Middle Finger ))))))))))"

-------------------------

Regarding BT.

If you really want to support someone, say something with a bit of originality, thought and meaning. Otherwise it comes across as superficial. IOW every person on every forum doesn't need to tell the guy that just finished his/her first tri "Nice Job!, You Rawwwwwwk". But if for some reason their finish truely strikes a cord with you, say something with thought.

While I can understand and relate ... I think the intent (intended or otherwise) of the "Great Job", "Congrats Triathlete" is not that it is some deeply thought-out, heartfelt, sincere congrats ... but that someone noticed.

I enjoy BT and many of the folks there come from unathletic backgrounds and from families that do not support what they are doing. Some are overweight and.or trying something athleticly challenging for the first time, and it means A LOT that someone else on the planet noticed what they were doing ... even if they just noticed for a "quick second". It's motivating.

I participated in the monthly challenges over the summer, and it was awesome. People would post a quick, "way to go on that long ride", and it was cool that someone noticed. It was also motivating to keep the good workouts coming. Granted, it wasn't the only reason why you kept the workouts going, but it helped. I have played with and coached some extremmelly talented players and some sucky ones ... they all liked to be acknowledged when they did something well (relative).

I am biased towards BT, b/c I think it is one of the more healthy sites out there. There are not many places that a person could post that they were "finally running a 12-min mile WITHOUT STOPPING" and not get obliterated and defeated with negative comments such as "Who cares? That's still *&*%$^#^ slow as (*^&$$%*". I would like to think that people are comfortable in their own skin to refrain from trashing them, but some aren't. (Can you imagine what guts it takes to post that you run a 12-min mile ... and are HAPPY about it?)

When I think of BT, I think of "online tri-club". Most train individually, but share the accompishment and encouragement with their friends. BT is what it is ... and for the folks there ... it's exactly the way they want it.

=======================
Quote Reply

Prev Next