Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did we ever hear what got picked for the T-shirt? Not that it matters, it sounds like they'll all be covered in blood and tears anyways.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 serious questions for you:

How were the road conditions - (i.e. many pot holes on the downhills)

Any sharp turns at the bottom of the hills?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll answer them in reverse order:

Yes, there are a few sharp turns - welcome to the Iron Devil's Purgatory.
The first big descent down from the Mtn House not only has a few nasty turns (the L sweeper up top that is *decreasing* radius and off-camber the wrong way - douchebag engineering school dropout musta designed that f'er), then after the long FAST section, it ends w/ the hard R at the stop sign at the bottom of that.
There's the VERY sharp R after the loooong descent down from Minnewaska, that one is ridiculous. Plus - once you get onto Granite and get your aero-god groove on, there's a toight L turn that immediately then goes into a R and steep little roller.
AND - there's another sharp one, after getting some aero love on Towpath, down at the end you make a hard R over a 1 lane bridge.

Road conditions are *mostly* good to very good. Much of the course has been repaved in the last year or 2.
Of the parts that have not, the most notable section to be aware of, is after topping out at Minnewaska, there's some extended descending.
TAKE THE LANE. F any cars. They can wait.
Do *NOT* stay right, or you will hit potholes, and you WILL get a pinch flat. Several folks do every year.

PS - I'm giving away some of my best local 411 with this beta, so everybody who benefits from it - you owe me a beer.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 30, 11 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks - well worth a few beers.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmcmaster11 wrote:
2 serious questions for you:

How were the road conditions - (i.e. many pot holes on the downhills)

Any sharp turns at the bottom of the hills?

Thanks

It's the only place I have ever gotten speed wobbles on my titanium Litespeed, if that tells you anything about how fast the downhills are =O
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
PS - I'm giving away some of my best local 411 with this beta, so everybody who benefits from it - you owe me a beer.

are you implying that you're not a complete A-hole?

I don't know if I can believe that......

how you doin' on Shop Vacking the run course for me?
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely an incomplete a-hole. But working on it!

Talk to the RD. I just race here.

PS - you are all champions already, no matter what happens on raceday. <smirk>

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
i don't go out for 1 GD night of drinking and this is how ChrisG treats me...by biking with another man the next day...and then drinking with him after!!! oh the horror!!!

You for sure missed a good outing on Friday. Thursday night was only so so.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..... there's no crying in duathlon

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: Almost 2 weeks to American Zofingen and no smack talk? [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no crying from me...
Quote Reply

Prev Next