Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Allianz is not offering event insurance for IM anymore.....RANT
Quote | Reply
BUT - Ironman still says on their website that they are partners

Link

I was on the fence on if I should register for my October race and after reading the link I registered because it states:

"Preparation is the key to successfully finishing any race. But, what if you never make it to the starting line? Event Registration Protection from Allianz Global Assistance can reimburse up to 100% of your nonrefundable registration fees if a covered illness or injury prevents you from competing, your car breaks down within 48 hours of the event, or one of the many other covered reasons ruins your plans."

In the past the Insurance through Allianz was a selection on Active.com as part of the registration + $90. That ended last year I think, but was able to call Allianz directly after registering for a IM event and purchase event insurance for $70. This time I was told by Allianz that they no longer are partners with Ironman. I called Ironman to ask about this and stated that there Website still said they were partners and offered insurance and was told by Rebecca that she was sorry and would pass the feedback on...WTF

Any recommendations on other Insurance companies that offer race event insurance? I see several but which one is reliable if a claim is filed?
Quote Reply