Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

All-Road bike advice
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

Due to covid, I'm thinking in getting an n+1 for commuting instead of using public transportation, but I was thinking in getting something that would allow me to do some group rides and even hit some easy gravel trails and have some fun, so I wanted something that could get some beating and wouldn't break my bank, thinking in around $1500.

The current stack/reach of my bike (Felt AR 48) is the following:
* Frame Stack: 510mm
* Frame Reach: 369mm
* Handlebar Stack: 571mm
* Handlebar Reach: 439mm

I am trying to find something with a bit of racing geometry, so I was tending for ciclocross bikes.

So far, my shortlist consists of Cannondale CaadX 105, Trek Crockett 4, Giant Contend AR, Giant TCX SLR 2 (not sure if this one allows mudguards though).

Now, the problem, I know that the best way to find a bike is to test it, but where I leave it's quite difficult to find a store with CX/Gravel bikes in store, and even less with small frames. I know what to look on the stack/reach, but I'm not sure what the wheelbase, chainstay, bb drop etc means in the ride quality.

I'm leaning towards the CAADX, but I enjoy the looks on the Contend AR (although that one I need to order from other country, somehow Giant Portugal doesn't sell that model here).

If anyone has the time and knowledge to help me out on what it might fit me best, I would be very grateful. :)
Quote Reply