Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Akron OH folks:
Quote | Reply
I have to spend a night in Akron, OH next week. Is there a bike path or running trail close to the airport that I might be able to get about 8 miles in?

Any info appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Akron OH folks: [D2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Akron has an airport?

Sorry I can't help; I'm always just driving through.

-M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What hotel?

Re: Akron OH folks: [Woodford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure yet, probably something close or north of the airport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look up the Bike & Hike Trail or the Towpath trail. Both are pretty sedate, paved in some parts, for runners/riders.

If you want rougher stuff, google Summit County Metroparks. Most of the parks have a couple trails 1-3 miles each and some are pretty hilly.

I live 15 mins west of the city if you have any other q's.

-Physiojoe

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's why I ask:

CAK (where one would fly into commercially is south of Akron, and just north of Canton. (hence named Akron/Canton)

When I stay there in my airline job we are at the Courtyard Suites just south of the airport. The only run I've done from there was to cross the busy street to Stark State College. There's a good loop on their campus which won't be busy and will be self explanatory. (use google maps to see what I'm talking about).

BUT, if you have a car, or if you are staying in downtown Akron- there is GREAT running along the Ohio and Erie Canal towpath trail. It starts in downtown Akron and runs north (theoretically all the way to downtown Cleveland, but not exactly, yet). Anyway, again using google maps look for it along the river (creek) running out of downtown Akron going north/northwest. It will stay along that river and you can run to your heart's content north. Or, drive up to join the towpath farther into the Cuyahoga Valley NP.

Worth the effort to get to the towpath (esp in the NP), but if not- I've been safe and undisturbed at Stark.

Re: Akron OH folks: [Woodford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will need a car for sure if you are flying into the canton/akron airport. It is north of canton and south of akron

Akron is an odd place, there are 2 different areas. You have the university side and then the non-univ side. I lived in the non-univ side and there is a great trail to run. It goes all the way up to Cleveland so its pretty extensive. There is a lot mroe to do on that side of town, shopping, hotels, restaurants etc... Its right off 77N so its very easy to get too.

the trail goes down to Canton, I was born there and there isnt much to do there. I do like the pool in Canton though so you can always swim there. Its at Canton McKinley HS and is a legit olympic sized pool

-------
HED. Cycling - Twitter @hedcycling - HED Wheel Selector iPhone App
Quote Reply