Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerodynamic (read flying) Cervelo's @ Timberman
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing they were relatively new to the sport given that they were blocking a high speed descent just before the feeding station. I'll take the next few seconds to my grave...
In the feeding area, they went down so quick I didn't really see it. I did however see the flying red and white Cervelo P2C (without rider) flying in front of me at head height. I'd given the station what I thought to be a wide berth cycling near the yellow line. Had I not braked and swerved hard, I would have hit the airborne projectile, however I guess I slowed enough such that the bike landed on the oncoming traffic side of line and then bounced back into me. I went down thinking,' this is going to hurt' and 'how much are new Zipps?'. The tangled mess of me and two bikes had a strange outcome...no obviuos injury and merely a misaligned speed sensor and brake caliper on my bike. Not sure about the other bike since it was given back to its owner who hopped on and rode away.

My closing comments and some advice...

1. You can't win a race at a feeding station so slow the #&*% down

2. if you don't and almost hospitalize somebody, it would be courteous to at least apologize

3. Don't check your brain in @ T1; there are other people that feel the repercussions when you do

4. Cervelo's are truly aerodynamic

5. Zipps are tougher than they look

6. Carbon bikes bounce quite well when they come into land

PS thanks to the volunteer who unclipped me from the wreckage and the concerned police officer who asked if I needed medical attention ( a first for me).
Last edited by: skedaddle: Aug 20, 07 7:20
Quote Reply