Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I would like to add a set of clip on aero bars to my road bike (Cannondale CAAD8) and am looking for suggestions. I want to keep the price reasonable, if possible under $200. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions? [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the Profile T2+. Their high level of adjustability will be helpful as you dial in your aero fit on a road bike.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions? [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great inputs - thanks.... any others out there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with a road bike you struggle to get the bars low enough, so you want to have the arm rests pretty low. with road geometry, the shorter extensions seem to work better and give you a decent position while still making power. If you try to use a full extension it feels like you are sitting in a bucket.

the profile jammer is designed for road bikes. if you find a set of older bars with low arm rests, just saw then off at about 10 inches. For a short race you can just run w/o armrests and add an extra layer of bar tape or pipewrap.

i found my profile jammers in the basement of my shop, you can find old aero bars all over the place
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Carbon Strykes on the road bike. I even put them on the tri bike I have now. I did use the Profile Design T-2 for a while and they worked. I noticed a little pain in my wrist with the T-2 bars. That's just me though, with the Carbon Strykes my hands and wrist just sit in a comfortable position. You can find used bars on the classified section most of the time. You may also want to get a Fast Forward seatpost to help you out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a very big fan of the Vision Mini TT clips. They aren't super adjustable though, so best have a pretty good idea what you need before you buy.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking for aero bars for my road bike. I am a female at barely 5' tall with a short torso and short arms (short everything basically). Any suggestions on what aero bars might be best? Does the length of my forearms make a difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions? [cruiserguy73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cruiserguy73 wrote:
I like the Carbon Strykes on the road bike. I even put them on the tri bike I have now. I did use the Profile Design T-2 for a while and they worked. I noticed a little pain in my wrist with the T-2 bars. That's just me though, with the Carbon Strykes my hands and wrist just sit in a comfortable position. You can find used bars on the classified section most of the time. You may also want to get a Fast Forward seatpost to help you out.

Another vote for Profile Design Carbon Strykes. Thing I like best it that they're super adjustable; especially for my non-standard physique with a long torso, broad shoulders, but short arms.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a set of Vision Trimax clip-ons for my Cervelo S5 and it worked really well - easy to get the pads down to the top of the bar - through on an adjustable stem and you can get low enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions? [bc22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Alumina, they have a carbon version too. I have tried or had most of the bars mentioned above and to me these are the best mix of adjustability and comfort.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Vision Trimax clip-ons. I put these on my wife's road bike and she loves them. I have Profile-Design T2 on my tri bike and like them as well.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars for a Road Bike - Suggestions? [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My advice is not to buy anything based on the advice of others who have no idea what size you and your bike are and what position you're trying to get into. Go get fit and have the bars added then. I made the mistake of buying what I thought was a cool set of bars online. When I went in for a fit, they were not adjustable in the direction they needed to go to get me into the right position.
Quote Reply