Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero ventilated Road helmet
Quote | Reply
Hi
Ventilated Aero Road helmet
Looking for some advice please
There are a bucket load out there and wondered what people are using?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aero ventilated Road helmet [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Presently I use a Giro Vanquish but preferred my Specialized Sworks Evade
Last edited by: D.O.: Oct 12, 18 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quite like my Bontrager Ballista. Not sure on their validity but I recall seeing a few comparison reviews/tests that said it had good scores for ventilation/airflow.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero ventilated Road helmet [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a giro air attack, and replaced it with the Bontrager Ballista this year. I think that it has better airflow than the giro, but I still need to wear a headsweats or cap underneath to prevent sweat in my glasses on hot days. I was influenced by the good crash ratings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau Course. "Stealth Aero" ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Specialized Evade for 3 seasons (great, always in the heat in Hawaii), but switched last year to the Bontrager.

I've been quite happy with both, and I think they're fairly equivalent, both in terms of aero and ventilation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Scott Cadence Plus, and currently living in Dubai where temperatures are above 30C/90F on most rides. Been very happy with it, it's dripping with sweat (as is everything else!) by the end of the ride but head doesn't overheat and it seems aero enough. Padding is good and absorbent and stays comfortable even when wet. Only complaint is that I had to replace the pads after 9 months but apparently that is normal out here if you ride outside in the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used my ballista for some time now and it's always a pleasure to wear it.

I have also recently purchased a ruddy boost 01 and the thing is just cool as the ballista!

You won't have any issues with most aero road helmets honestly picked the one you like most and it'll be fine

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero ventilated Road helmet [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've raced in humid 92-95 F races with my Aerohead Ultimate (no vents): Vichy '17, Cabo '17, Boulder '18.

In cabo I did flip my visor on the slow long climb but otherwise I had no issues with heat. Could it be that you guys are thinking too hard while racing and that's causing your head to overheat? :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am happy with my Bontrager Ballista.

Here you go, Aero Helmet Wind-Tunnel Shootout: https://www.youtube.com/...=2&v=Bs5KtgdJmso
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second the Louis Garneau Course Helmet
Quote Reply