Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero bottle Tim O.
Quote | Reply
 On the cover story several riders have an arrow bottle on the downtube including Tim O.

Anybody know what brand that is?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elite Crono same as Lange
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m wondering how he managed to get it so low/close to the bottom bracket

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple seem to have storage pods below the elite bottle. Any idea who makes those?
I can’t find them on the elite website ...custom 3D printed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Imagine just drill two new holes in the mount. I have done it to my aero bottle cage so it sits lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [JonD71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know D2Z do the one for Sebi and Scott bikes

https://drag2zero.co.uk/product/d2z-scott-plasma-storage-box/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo needs something like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think xlab makes a product that allows you raise or lower your cage on the frame
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [JonD71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JonD71 wrote:
A couple seem to have storage pods below the elite bottle. Any idea who makes those?
I can’t find them on the elite website ...custom 3D printed?
typically that’s a bike manufacturer specific item. Specialized started this with their Roubaix and I believe Diverge lineup, now it’s coming into triathlon. I don’t think there’s a 3rd party vendor that makes these for a specific bike... yet. Just wait. It’ll come. But, X-Lab has some nifty rear hydration storage where you can mount an innertube and CO2 canisters between the 2 rear mounted bottles.

TNTRI wrote:
I think xlab makes a product that allows you raise or lower your cage on the frame
They do. It’s called the Turbo Wing. 3 or 4 different positions. They also make one specific for the Selle Italia saddles.
Last edited by: CarbonPothole: Oct 19, 18 16:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/b-rad-products/products/b-rad-bottle-relocation-and-accessory-device

The 3 slot version is what I have for my large Speed Concept frame. I'm pretty sure that's what Tim O'Donnell is using on his bike (large as well)
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:

This is what Xlab has: https://www.xlab-usa.com/...-cage-optimizer.html

Haven't used it so I can't comment on its quality or effectiveness.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Works perfect as advertised. I have used in many different set ups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like those aero bottles like the Chrono but what do you put in them...concentrated nutrition? How do people use them for long course events where you’re getting multiple hydration refills during the course of the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Crono bounce out early on rough road at IM NZ and had to go to course nutrition so beware of that. I think common sense and function outweigh minimal aero gains depending on your own strategy. My last IM I used a Specialized aero bottle with concentrate nutrition. I had another concentrate nutrition behind the seat and BTA for water. I got another standard bottle with concentrate nutrition at special needs I swapped out with the bottle behind the seat and carry some gels if all goes pear shaped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
I like those aero bottles like the Chrono but what do you put in them...concentrated nutrition? How do people use them for long course events where you’re getting multiple hydration refills during the course of the ride.

Water on the bars and 1 concentrated Infinit bottle for the first 3 hours. On course nutrition for the rest of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I had a Crono bounce out early on rough road at IM NZ and had to go to course nutrition so beware of that. I think common sense and function outweigh minimal aero gains depending on your own strategy. My last IM I used a Specialized aero bottle with concentrate nutrition. I had another concentrate nutrition behind the seat and BTA for water. I got another standard bottle with concentrate nutrition at special needs I swapped out with the bottle behind the seat and carry some gels if all goes pear shaped.

I usually have the opposite problem with my Crono: I have to do a King Arthur impersonation in order to get it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the felt DA Torhans bottle for my calories then water BTA for my races. That way there’s no round bottle on the frame.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bottle Tim O. [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Felt DA Torhans bottle. I've used it as a flat kit in the past. Now I just put my flat kit in a Xlab cylinder behind the seat. The Torhans bottle just felt like it could easily slip out of my grasp...might have to give it another try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve never had an issue with mine. The grooves in the bottle seem to help too. That way I kind of know where I’m grabbing the bottle. I also don’t adjust it in my hand. Grab it, take a swig, put it back. I also put my flat kit in a canister behind the seat. Seems to keep the bike nice and clean with little hanging out in the wind!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply