Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMAO, I like your style of humor!

JasoninHalifax wrote:
The superslice has been available for a while.

Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Where is the Madone disc! We all know it's coming

I just wish the H1 frame geometry didn't carry a $1,000 premium over an already pricey frameset 🙄
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I just wish the H1 frame geometry didn't carry a $1,000 premium over an already pricey frameset 🙄

indeed but that's partly due to the upgrade from 600 to 700 carbon
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
One thing I don't like is the seatpost, which is my major beef with most aero road bikes, including my own.
I want a bit of flex for comfort, and I doubt this will flex at all.

Knowing what we know that Damon knows about seat post flex and comfort, I'd be willing to bet there's some "secret sauce" in there that adds some sort if compliance ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't you think dropped seat stays help with that?

Tom A. wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
One thing I don't like is the seatpost, which is my major beef with most aero road bikes, including my own.
I want a bit of flex for comfort, and I doubt this will flex at all.

Knowing what we know that Damon knows about seat post flex and comfort, I'd be willing to bet there's some "secret sauce" in there that adds some sort if compliance ;-)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

So this is what I'm waiting to see: the geometry on this. I like H1 geometry as well (but don't like the idea of using a 24mm spindle in this day and age when Fairwheel has been showing its inferiority for a decade now). Though, from what I can determine, the stack height on both the Madone and the Canyon Aeroroad measure to below the integrated headset cap/cable port, making the stack higher that what is advertised, but that makes it about the same geo as a Supersix. Interested to see if this new frame has the same geometry as the Supersix, and a sub 900g frame...??

last, wonder when we'll see road follow mtb'ing and go back to threaded inserts? and if Cannondale will jump to bb386a threaded?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen way more failed aluminium threaded inserts in carbon than any pressfit problems.
So many frames are ditched because of this it is not funny.

30mm axles also suffer greatly from fretting and other damage from water ingress.
Shimano use 24mm axles because steel is a better long term material for the application at this stage of bike evolution.
There are plenty of creaky threaded BB out there, it is just that people are scared to buy proper tools for fitting any BB other than a screw thread so bag it when they stuff it up, but find threaded easy to replace.

A Shimano pressfit as used by Giant, Scott etc, have wider bearing placement, virtually zero in service problems and are super easy to change out.
They are also super light and cheap to produce.

Bringing back the threaded standard is a backward step.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too much wrong in your post to respond to. but thank you for the feedback

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other news.

Since when did Cannondale completely remove all Tri/time trial bikes from their website?

Abandoning Tri?
...Or waiting for the Super Slice launch?

Quote | Reply
OK... just found a reasonable update on another thread.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:

Someone mentioned the Super Slice in a post earlier on in the thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
TriSliceRS wrote:

He died waiting, though.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: May 9, 18 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
(but don't like the idea of using a 24mm spindle in this day and age when Fairwheel has been showing its inferiority for a decade now)

I've read stuff like this before. Do you actually know much about Fairwheel bikes? Genuine curiosity.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
(but don't like the idea of using a 24mm spindle in this day and age when Fairwheel has been showing its inferiority for a decade now)

I've read stuff like this before. Do you actually know much about Fairwheel bikes? Genuine curiosity.

Hey, I like Fairwheel's testing and find it valid enough... ha.

But no, I've felt no difference in my SRAM 24mm spindle in my Trek SC and having used a 30mm THM M3 crank in a bb86 Scott road frame.... but that's not the point; Fairwheel's numbers are what I 'feel' when I'm out there riding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless the ride and fit is poor, this will more than likely be my next road bike. Racing for a Cannondale I'll more than likely get a really good deal as well.

I just hope the color schemes aren't crazy. Everytime the model with the components I want are some funky color. Just make everything black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
TriSliceRS wrote:

Not only, but there was a Super Slice rim-braked model at the Giro prologue last weekend...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
I like H1 geometry as well (but don't like the idea of using a 24mm spindle in this day and age when Fairwheel has been showing its inferiority for a decade now).

Do you mean a 24mm BB spindle? I looked fairwheel's blog and website, but could not find any info about their tests regarding this. Can you point me to a link about their testing of 24mm BBs? Thanks.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
I like H1 geometry as well (but don't like the idea of using a 24mm spindle in this day and age when Fairwheel has been showing its inferiority for a decade now).

Do you mean a 24mm BB spindle? I looked fairwheel's blog and website, but could not find any info about their tests regarding this. Can you point me to a link about their testing of 24mm BBs? Thanks.

All I'm seeing is their test of crank arms: http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/...-bike-crank-testing/

Nothing about spindles. I highly doubt anyone here is strong enough to get a 24mm steel spindle to deflect in any meaningful way. Eve if you were, steel is a pretty excellent material for a spring: almost all of the energy was absorbed by deflecting would be mostly returned when the spindle "springs" back.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Andres wrote:
TriSliceRS wrote:

Not only, but there was a Super Slice rim-braked model at the Giro prologue last weekend...

I'm pretty sure it was raced there last year as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
From Bike Rumor

Spotted at the ATOC today as well. Most bikes and all spares are the old SuperSix but a few guys including Phinney and I think Simon Clark and Dan McLaycare riding the new one (but not everyone - I thought only 3 out of 7 had the new version yet). Staff is very excited and impressed but not allowed to post pics on social media apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the Slice Frame. They just added drop bars. Looking at my Slice right now, it is identical.
I guess when I upgrade to a new tri bike I will convert my Slice to a road bike. I don’t have disc brakes on it, but don’t really need them on the Texas coast.
Last edited by: Etexag: May 13, 18 21:22
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Cannondale... yay Damon [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would imagine it has a lot different geometry to a Slice frame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn’t look like a slice at all...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Etexag wrote:
That’s the Slice Frame. They just added drop bars. Looking at my Slice right now, it is identical.
I guess when I upgrade to a new tri bike I will convert my Slice to a road bike. I don’t have disc brakes on it, but don’t really need them on the Texas coast.

Other than the fact that they’re nothing alike, they’re exactly the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Etexag wrote:

They’re nothing alike. The top tube on the road bike is visibly sloped (vs horizontal on the Slice) and the HTA is visibly steeper.
Quote Reply

Prev Next