Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aeolus XXX 4/6
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to replace a set of Reynolds Strike SLG wheels that came on my Canyon Aeroad and I've been leaning towards the Aeolus XXX but there seems to be few reviews on these since they came out last spring. A quick search here showed a few threads but not much in depth discussion.

Anyone here have thoughts on how these compare? Anything cheaper that is comparable?

I'm looking at a 4/6 combo. The Strike SLGs I'm riding are horrible in the crosswinds. Any 62mm front wheel is going to be bad but these seem worse than other 60mm wheels I've tried. I'm hoping to get a little stability back by going to the 4 up front...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aeolus XXX 4/6 [shaka999] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the reason you don't see much is they are new and high end. Most folks are good with alum rims these days.

I know for me now with disc brakes I'm going to be on XXX for road and gravel. Likely using them in cross country mtb races as well.

Made in the usa in Waterloo, WI. Can't wait to get them. I have the xxx Kovee 29ers and wow are they sweet.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have set of 6s. I love them. I run a disc cover on the rear. I haven't had any issues in windy conditions and they feel really stable. I can't tell much difference in the stopping power between alu rims and carbon rims. I did a 70.3 and full in the rain and never felt concerned about stopping. I like how they are designed around using 25mm tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I just ordered a set. Hopefully they live up to all the Trek propaganda.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sprung for the xxx 6's when I got my new SC. I figured if I end up with a disk / 90 combo later on, I can switch the xxx 60's over to my road bike. No complaints.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shaka999 wrote:
Well I just ordered a set. Hopefully they live up to all the Trek propaganda.

You won’t be disappointed. I have the 6’s and my wife has 4’s for our road bikes and we’re very happy. I find tubeless tires fit these wheels better than the TLR generation.
Quote Reply