Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aegis Trident Aerobar Suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I hope to very soon start building my Aegis Trident frame that I bought during the Bicycle Sports fire sale a few weeks ago. I've got most of the main components picked out. I'm stuck on the aerobars, however. I did a search on the forum and read that the head tubes on Aegis bikes (can't remember if this was just the T2 or Aegis in general) can be a little tall. I want to make sure that I get the right set-up. I'd like a one piece integrated bar. I've been leaning towards VisionTech or Hed, but I don't know about the particulars of these bars.

Right now, the Trident is the only bike I own, so I will do all my training on this bike. I usually race 8 or so times a year, mostly sprints, though I do a couple of half IM's in there for good measure. This year, I might try a late season IM.

So I use the bike for racing at all distances. I guess I'm looking for a set up that will won't put me uncomfortably low for long rides and too high for shorter, faster efforts.

That vague enough?

Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction, and help me from avoid the wrong thing. Is there anything obvious I should look for (or avoid)?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Trident Aerobar Suggestions? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the aegis trident and it came with the syntace. i am not an expert on aerobars but I am trying to change my fit on the bike and those bars don't allow it because you can't move them forward/backwards.. I was recommended the profile... Now I am stuck with the bars being too forward and nothing to do about it...
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Trident Aerobar Suggestions? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like your Trident? I bought the bike on the spur of the moment without researching it much. I know it's a nice bike that's fairly rare, but other than that, I'm clueless. I was buying a wetsuit from Bicycle Sports and asked about bike frames and they mentioned the Trident. I wasn't looking for a tri bike, but it was too good a deal to pass up. We talked bike fit for a moment, I felt good about that and had the money in my pocket and it was a done deal. So now I'm selling my Yaqui and working on building this Trident.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 4 bikes and the trident is by far my best bike.. I just love it. I think I can be fitted on it a little better but I really like the way it handles and it sure is a smooth ride... Let me know what you think.. did you get a custom paint job?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can wait another 2 weeks, I'll have pictures of my new Genesis 1 piece Titanium Aerobar. Site is www.aero-concepts.com. It's been a work in progress from when I owned Steve's Multisport and is finally in the last few weeks of testing.

I'll have some sneak pics I'll post soon.

Other then my bar, the Vision bar has been my favorite although Hed's new almost 1 piece bar is very nice as well.

FIT is still key here and really it should come down to what is more comfortable and what can get you in an aero position, not brand.

Steve Harad

www.aero-concepts.com
Quote Reply