Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advocare anyone?
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine gave me a 30 day supply of Advocare products, everthing from daily vitamins to Amino Acids. My guess over $100 worth. Looks like kind of a hassel though, the directions have me taking pills all day long! ie. "30 min. before a meal", "with a meal", "on an empty stomach", ect....

Anyone have any experience, good or bad with these prodcuts? Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Quote Reply
Re: Advocare anyone? [Danois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be real careful. My girlfriend used to have a swim coach who was employed by them and use to try to get his athletes to buy that stuff. I think it's mostly a scam (I don't want to offend anyone). But have you looked at how much stuff they want you to take? It's absolutely insane. I personally don't think it's good (or healthy) to take that many supplements.
I think it's very easy for athletes to become obsessed with taking supplements, feeling worried if they miss one of their 25+ daily supplements.
I don't take any (although I'm not really opposed to taking them in very small amounts), but I train full time w/out them.
Anyway, back to Advocare, I'm not going to say there's anything wrong with the supplements individually, but do you really want your life revolving around taking pills all day. That's what sick people have to do, who would give anything to have a normal, athletic life like we do w/out having to take 30 pills a day.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Advocare anyone? [cbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P.S.---the coach was also trying to give me and anyone else they met that 30day supply. I think the idea if if you are religiously taking that many pills, you become to feel dependant on them. And if you read the pamphlet, you should be Superman in about 2 or 3 months. And you wouldn't just want to stop after 30 days, right? It's almost like losing money NOT to buy them! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Advocare anyone? [cbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your post!! My sentiments exactly, I think I just needed to hear it from someone else, to validate.
Quote Reply