Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice needed - Winter Road cycling shoes
Quote | Reply
All,

Dashing through the snow...actually, maybe not snow, but definitely cold-weather riding.

I would love to get some winter/cold weather cycling shoes for DH for Christmas. I've looked at a pair from Gaerne...does anyone else have any thoughts on these or alternatives?
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed - Winter Road cycling shoes [Goldens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had this thread last week, here's the link

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...nter%20shoes;#257839

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed - Winter Road cycling shoes [Goldens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Connecticut and it's COLD here in the Winter. For many years, I have simply gone with gore-tex overshoes over my standard road shoes. You can pick up a pair of these at your LBS or on line and they will run you anywhere from $50-$80. You know what I am talking about -- they zip up the back and have a hole for your cleat. If all your doing is road riding, don't waste your $$ on "winter shoes". Get a pair of these and they will last you for years.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed - Winter Road cycling shoes [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jim. Obviously I don't get the chance to frequent the site too often, but I should have done a search. Having said that, I see that booties seem to be the item most people suggest.

As it is, he already has booties and the winter cycling shoes would be a 'nice to have' item.
Quote Reply