Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A week in Boulder
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone! I am looking to spend a week in Boulder in August taking advantage of the swim/bike/run opportunities. I have heard so much about this place but have never been and am interested in hitting all of must do rides, runs, trails, etc. I would fly into Denver and am leaning towards renting an Airbnb for the week. I would prefer not to rent a car so I would need something that is convenient to everything (trails, grocery store, good restaurants, etc). I'm under 25 so the underage car rental fee is something I would prefer to avoid. I would also need a place to rent a good road bike for a couple of days. Any suggestions and general tips on where to stay and what to do from the experienced would be very much appreciated. Thanks everybody!
Quote Reply
Re: A week in Boulder [ztriracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You certainly won't need a car. You can get the bus from the airport to Boulder for $9.

Lots of shops rent bikes here, just do a Google search. University Bikes, Full Cycle and a few more should come up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: The bus is $10 from the airport to Boulder.

Your best bet is somewhere in either central boulder or north boulder. North Boulder is where most of the best cycling can be found or accessed. You'll definitely want to do flagstaff, lefthand canyon, and lee hill. Depending on the timing you may be able to get in a race at the Boulder Stroke and Stride, which is super fun. As for running, you could attempt Chautauqua on enchanted mesa, or do something on table mesa, cottonwood, there's just too many to even limit them down. As for pools, all of the rec centers have nice pools and you could hit some outdoor pools like spruce pool. You can also find your way to grant ranch outside of boulder for some open water swims.

It's a great town, you'll have a blast

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
University bikes for a sweet specialized tarmac rental. I also enjoyed my stay at Boulder University inn. The rooms are modern and adequate for a great price

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As with the other replies, I caught a bus in from Denver airport which was great. And then didn't hire a car. I was there for work so stayed in an Airbnb on the NW side of the town centre and walked everywhere. It was a short run on the trails of Sanitas from the place I was staying.

You'll probably love it. I'd really recommend a run up to the top of Sanitas and just exploring by foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may as well sign up for Ironman 70.3 Boulder if you'll be there. It's in August. The only thing about taking a bus to Boulder is, what do you do with all your gear you bring--? 1) Call an UBER or taxi to take you to the hotel. As for bikes, if you're a member of RAPHA you can score a sweet Canyon bike to toodle around the mountains while here & drink some Boxcar coffee down at the Pearl Street location between 18th & 19th St.

Scott Carpenter pool is closed for refurbishing & Spruce is an awesome yard pool where you usually can find a lane most of the day (they open at 10 AM most days) for lap swimming. If that is busy, North Boulder Rec Center is not far away, you could even jog there with a light pack for added running (it's primarily flat all the way between the two pools except one little hill which is part of the Bolder Boulder 10K. If you want open water swimming, BAM (Boulder Aquatic Master's) has early AM swims at the REZ, for a small fee. Lifeguards are there with kayaks, wetsuit rentals can be had at CMS (Colorado Multisport).

I'd run the Mesa Trail if you're going to hit trails. Sanitas is mostly an up-a-staircase type run, unless you're running between the two mountains on the wide open dirt/gravel path. Mesa trail you have a better chance of getting away from people early morning I think...but there are a lot of rocks to stumble on so watch your toes. Careful of bears & Mt. Lion, you never know--they're there. Although, I've never seen one--but don't run those often.

As for food & coffee, take your pick. Places like that every block in Boulder. It's a good trip, just steer clear of 28th street, the traffic is horrible, like a downtown major city bumper to bumper. Move around on side streets or the bike path to get around town. Hope this helps!
Quote Reply