Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A web media geek type question.
Quote | Reply
I have been asked to do my little Aaron Thigpen video so it can be viewed in Windows Media Player. I am using final cut pro. How do I save it for viewing in Windows Media Player?

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: A web media geek type question. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umh, well, first use the pointer thing to do some clicking here and there. Then make some circles with it. click some more until changes happen.

Press buttons. Any will do, they all pretty much do the same thing.

More clicking. Hit enter once in a while. That does a lot.

Now call some one who really knows what they are doing.

-sorry. All that time in college in computer science totally wasted.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save it as an MPEG-1 movie (.mpg). Then it will be viewable on virtually all computers. Windows XP Media Player doesn't directly support MPEG but it will download a codec automatically when it needs to to play it.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell whoever's insisting on Windows Media Player to download the FREE Quicktime Player from Apple and then you don't have to do a thing.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
Quote Reply
Re: A web media geek type question. [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I also found a web site that suggested AVI format. I am trying that compression as I write.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AVI blows! It's now only used as an inter-transfer and editing medium on Windows machines. It doesn't make very small file sizes and when you compress a lot, it gets very ugly. You could just create a QT movie using the defualt Sorenson 3 and have your viewers download the QT player. Now, if your end goal is shoving your movie into PowerPoint, you're limited to the native Windows formats; AVI, & WMV (ASF is no longer supported). MPEG-1 works as well and so does MPEG-2 if the user has a proper MPEG-2 decoder (like PowerDVD, etc.). Oh, Cinepak encoded QT movies will play in Media Player as well.

Hope this helps!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply