Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A grand way to start my day...
Quote | Reply
As some of you know, I fly a lot for a living. As a result, I'm a little more relaxed about the "lead times" to catch my flight. When you fly 6-10x/month, it just happens. Having status with the airlines, combined with a NEXUS pass generally allows me to go from curbside to gate/lounge in 10-15min.

Today I arrived at the airport a little before and hour prior to my flight. An hour is plenty of time to clear - even with a bike, and since there's no Continental lounge in Vancouver, I didn't want to be *too* early.

Well, the guy at the check-in counter decided that I was too late. "There's a huge line at customs". Yes, but I have a NEXUS pass - I can skip that. "There's a huge line at security, too". Yes, but either my NEXUS pass or my Elite status with the airline will allow me to skip that as well. "My manager already said no more" Surely you can call him and ask for an override - I'll be at the gate in 10min. No dice.

So here I am, waiting 3hrs for the next flight to Houston. To add insult to injury, he "booked" me for the next flight, but then told me I had to come back in an hour to check in - apparently I was "too early" to check in for the later flight. I lost my 1st class upgrade, too. Bastard.

So I'm sitting there wondering why an agent would be such an asshole to an Elite member? When I checked in for my later flight, I got my answer: Dude's an NWA agent - so he doesn't give a shit about Continental clients. Nice!

Needless to say, I got dinged $85 for my bike, too.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: A grand way to start my day... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That totally sucks man. Hopefully the rest of the day goes well enough once you get outta town. Have fun in Texas, you bastard, and we are SO going riding once you get back in town!

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the matter Khai? Just one of the boys now?

All together now...

Aww...

Okay, we commiserate with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: A grand way to start my day... [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL - I hate flying with you peons!!!!!

Nah - the main annoyance is that I now have to wait an extra 3hrs at the airport, and now Francois has to come out to pick me up a lot later than he had planned for. The loss of my upgrade was just a little "fuck you". A bonus, if you will.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: A grand way to start my day... [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After EP I'll be in Ontario for two weddings, so I might have some time to get fat again. But yeah, we're definitely riding when I get back. (End of Sept)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NWA-- now there's a blast from the past. Don't mess with those guys.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there to comiserate with you Khai... I hate flying with masses too! j/k

I don't fly quite as often as you but I'm not far away and so my status and reward points are right up there. It always makes me laugh when I make the transition from my airline or their partners to a domestic airline in whatever country... it's like going from a rooster to a feather duster in a moment.

An there is always that nice big "fuck you" when they slug you for the bike, or suit bag, or oversize carry-on... all things that you can get away with normally!
Quote Reply
And this hits just keep on comin'.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just discovered that my Elite Gold status doesn't actually get me into the lounge here in Houston - it's something that you either buy (for $425/yr!) or get access to with a first class international ticket.

So Mr NWA just cost my lounge access for my 3hr layover, too. It's not bad though - I found a nice seat right outside with a power outlet. Threw up my 14" 9dBi wireless antenna, and I'm on their network anyway. (That's all I care about) BOO-YAH! :)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it to the top with a very detailed account as to what heppened and you will be flying first class on their ticket if you raise enough stink. You can use it to come out to Phoenix and do some training!!
Quote Reply