Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Suffer Festival: with Power
Quote | Reply
The "suffer scale" in the Sufferfest videos is clearly a matter of personal tolerance. I am sure some of you train using power as a guage of your scale. What kind of numbers are you using as your 4/10, 7/10 etc?

Mine aren't winning me anything, but I'll start:

4 - 170w
7 - 210w
8 - 230w
10 - whatever I have left

What are you able to throw down?
Quote Reply
Re: A Suffer Festival: with Power [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really need duration as a component of that.

230W for me is just an endurance interval that could be done for hours, yet only 50W more and a lot of concentration is required to hold for any significant length of time, but still not suffering, 7/10? 400-500W intervals is true suffering for short times. Sprinting to 1200W after tired is a true 10/10 (impossible on a trainer).

Quote | Reply
Yeah. What durations are we talking about? I would like to lie about my power numbers.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Re: A Suffer Festival: with Power [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well considering the sufferfest videos aren't fixed and consistent efforts, I'll go with their arbitrary "distance."

They call 7/10 a TT effort. Lets assume 40k.

I assumed people used their PM with sufferfest. Maybe I'm the only one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't use a powermeter. My sufferfest scale is more related to my ability to complete the workout, than any specific number.

I am going a little bit harder at 7/10 than a 40k TT effort for the videos. That's because they will only have me at 7 for a few minutes at a time. They will pop to 8 and to 9 depending on the interval. And the intervals aren't that long, so I make sure they are intense enough to get the job done.

I want to feel like I have very little in the tank at the end of the last interval in the video, so I dose out my effort appropriately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. If the assumption is 40k, or about 1 hour, here are mine:

4. 230w
7. 260w
8. 270w
10. 285w (Doubt I could actually do this number)

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply