Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Fork Question....
Quote | Reply
I have upgraded just about everything on my P2K with one exception, the forks. I have the stock forks that came on the bike. My question is if I put some Reynolds Ouzo Pro Fork[/url]s on my bike will it make that much of a difference? Or would I just be spending more money? I dont mind putting them on if they are worth the it. I noticed my Zipp 404's make me about 1 MPH faster at the same heart rate. Thanks for the input.

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: A Fork Question.... [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adding an Ouzo Pro will make your bike slightly lighter and more expensive. It won't be any faster. Save your money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on what fork is on there now. I took the original Profile BDC fork off my P3 and replaced it with the Reynolds Aero Ouzo fork. The result was a bike that handled the cross winds much better. I felt much safer going downhill with the bike. Best upgrade I ever made. I don't know if it was that the Reynolds fork was so good or the Profile fork so bad, or partly that I installed a Chris King headset at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: A Fork Question.... [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art,

Other than looks how does a Chris King headset improve your performance? Will one fit on the P2K?

Thanks....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on your P2K. I have the old P3 with the nonintegrated headset. Chris King is the way to go. Dinosaurs like me don't trust integrated headsets.

I don't know how much the headset improves handling. I doubt it would be much, but others on this board (Bunnyman, where are you?) could answer more intelligently.

Good luck,
Quote Reply