Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AXS won't shift to 10t or 33T (either far end of cassette)
Quote | Reply
I setup the bike as 2x. In 2x it would shift the entire cassette range from 10t to 33t properly while shifting the FD accordingly. For cyclocross season I put the chain catcher on and removed the FD. Now, I notice it won't shift to the 10t or the 33t cogs. The limit screws are perfectly fine. Battery status shows well over 50% and green.

I do not have the FD with me today to do anything with any pairing or setting. I see no setting in the RD settings to say "1x" or "2x".

I can only assume leaving the FD at home has caused some kind of config problem.

Help?
Quote Reply
Re: AXS won't shift to 10t or 33T (either far end of cassette) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Repair the system without using the app and see if that works for you.

Quote Reply
Re: AXS won't shift to 10t or 33T (either far end of cassette) [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flanders wrote:
Repair the system without using the app and see if that works for you.

Ahhh, ok. I always assumed once paired it should always know what to do with what it can communicate with to avoid steps when you change it up (or your FD battery dies). I will try this.

Thank you!

edit: I imagine if a FD battery dies mid-ride, SRAM has a hole in their strategy here in that your RD shifting would possibly screw up.
Quote Reply
Re: AXS won't shift to 10t or 33T (either far end of cassette) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I setup the bike as 2x. In 2x it would shift the entire cassette range from 10t to 33t properly while shifting the FD accordingly. For cyclocross season I put the chain catcher on and removed the FD. Now, I notice it won't shift to the 10t or the 33t cogs. The limit screws are perfectly fine. Battery status shows well over 50% and green.

I do not have the FD with me today to do anything with any pairing or setting. I see no setting in the RD settings to say "1x" or "2x".

I can only assume leaving the FD at home has caused some kind of config problem.

Help?

I have the same problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You shouldn't have to pair the system when any battery dies. It should be good to go once set up. I have heard of one other that said they had to set it up again after a dead button battery, but you shouldn't have too.
Quote Reply
Re: AXS won't shift to 10t or 33T (either far end of cassette) [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fix worked to repair (or re pairing).

I'm just a bit annoyed though that I need to do this. Sure, it takes like a minute. But why in the hell is it good code that if the FD isn't seen in the system where it was before you start doing weird stuff with how the RD can't shift to all the gears?

The RD should use all gears regardless of what the front does. The front just responds based on where you are on the RD is and what direction it's going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muy understanding is that by default you can't go to the 10 tooth cog on the inner ring, nor to the largest cog (33 in your case) on the outer ring. I believe this can be configured otherwise, but this is the default.

So, in the absence of the front derailleur, the system does not know in which ring you are at. So the safe bet is to stop you from going to either extreme. I would not call this bad programming.

What would be bad programming is if your can't go to the axs app and reconfigure your system as a 1x in the absence of the front derailleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the system sees a RD it will automatically block out the 10 tooth in the little ring because the chain angle is too great. To my knowledge this can't be overridden when using 2 by. This is a great system. I've had it since it first came out and it's been flawless. Even put it on my mtb this year and just love it.
Glad we got it sorted for you.
Quote Reply