Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ASICS Magic Speed 3 vs Metaspeed Comparisons
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience in the Magic Speed 3 and a Meta Speed Sky + or Meta Speed Edge +? I’ve got the Speed 3 (loving them!) and wondering if it’s worth the extra $$$ to get either of those super shoes!
Last edited by: AKCrafty: Feb 4, 24 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: ASICS Magic Speed 3 vs Metaspeed Comparisins [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
Anyone have experience in the Magic Speed 3 and a Meta Speed Sky + or Meta Speed Edge +? I’ve got the Speed 3 (loving them!) and wondering if it’s worth the extra $$$ to get either of those super shoes!

I used to train in the Magic Speed and liked them. For race shoes I've got some old Vaporflys, Saucony Endorphin Pro and Meta Speed Edge. I like running in the Edges, but for me they don't feel like a supershoe. Feels more like a stiff racing flat. My favourite shoe to run in, but the Vaporflys feel faster. All that research and development Nike have done with their Vaporflys and Alphaflys creating these unique shoes, it feels like Asics got a racing flat and stuck a carbon plate in it! Not saying I don't recommend them, but they do not feel unique or revolutionary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, for me the Skys are good for threshold reps / anything submaximal in the 3:35-3:10/km range but they have an unstable heel and bottom out with a slap if landing hard like when running downhill. Magic speed 3s are firmer with a solid heel, a little lower in the front and good for zone 5 high-cadence speed; easier to keep your footing when digging deep. Skys are faster but speeds are more fun. Neither is very forgiving over long distance - Skys punish low foot arches and speeds punish the knees (relative to cushy super shoes).
Quote Reply
Re: ASICS Magic Speed 3 vs Metaspeed Comparisins [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of shoes and somehow Metaspeed Sky doesn't feel like they are super shoes and I don't feel much pop at all. They are just meh and not worth the money. I understand lots of Super League and short course athletes use them because they go on really easy compared to other shoes. I would consider other shoes, not Asics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Comparisins"... really?! The attention to detail is spot on

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Re: ASICS Magic Speed 3 vs Metaspeed Comparisins [ckoch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fixed it for you. I hope it didn’t not ruined you’re day!
Quote Reply
Re: ASICS Magic Speed 3 vs Metaspeed Comparisins [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Metaspeed Edge v1 with 35 miles on them. They are slower than a pair of Vaporfly Next% 1 with 200 miles on - the power differential for a 10k at the same speed (about 7:15 min/mile) is 7w. And as the other had mentioned these are harsh shoes - my arches feel beat up after running in them, which is unlikely any other shoe I own.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply