Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AEGIS
Quote | Reply
Just interested in some feedback on those bikes (trident).

Anyone riding them.

Sergio From Portugal

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: AEGIS [sergiopica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never ridden one and don't know anyone who owns one (they are not very common in Ontario, Canada) but I saw a Trident at the Toronto bike show this past weekend and it sure looks like a nice frame. The head tubes seem a bit long and I was told that they fit big (ie. if you normally ride a 56 then their 54 is probably about the same as what you ride now).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a distinct advantage to using monocoque carbon fiber as opposed to tubes. It allows the builder to determine with great accuracy where the bike will flex and where it will be stiff. As a result, the Aegis is the stiffest bike I have ever ridden in terms of pedaling efficiency in the bottom bracket, yet the most comfortable in terms of shock absorption in the seat tube and chain and seat stays. The drawback is that monocoque frames cost more to make. The Aegis is an awesome machine, with superior paint jobs that leave the Kestral crowd drooling, and they don't chip like the Kestrals. And yes, I normally ride a 58 but ride a 56 in an Aegis, they just size a little differently. Like Dan E. says, the number really doesn't mean too much.

tommy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
about a year ago i purchased my Trident. coming off an older Trek Aluminum/Carbon frameset, i could not be happier. as stated below, the comfort is great, yet i feel as if i'm not sacrificing frame flex. Aegis has a cool frame option (which i did) allowing the customer to add another layer of Carbon to the frame for additional stiffness - about $250 if i remember correctly. i'm 6'2; 215lbs and thought such a precaution to be wise ... i'm glad went for it.

the frame is light and fast, but i think you might sacrifice some handling for short course riding. i do mostly long course events, thus comfort was my biggest desire. my trident has one IM down and hopefully many more to go.

lastly, as company Aegis was great to work with, i had lots of questions and called many times - always got the answers i was seeking.

good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi--

I can't speak for the trident, but I do have an aegis swift, and LOVE it. For the first time since I started multisport, I can finally feel my hands at the end of a ride. It handles so well and is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

Hope that helps,

Lori
Quote Reply