Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

935 or Suunto 9
Quote | Reply
Without going into specifics I get discounts on some gear.

Suunto 9 for $300 or 935 for $325? Leaning towards the Garmin but I really like the style and cool battery options of the Suunto.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my 935. It's been perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never looked at the Sunto. But love my 935, had it for a year and it's been flawless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a Suunto (admittedly not the 9) for a week and did not like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your use case?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mongooseman wrote:
What's your use case?

Triathlon and aquabike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely the 935. I've used a Spartan Ultra for a couple of half IMs and SwimRun Bay of Islands. It was good for the latter and in fact produced the best OW swim tracks I have ever had. However, it's absolutely huge on the wrist, Movescount sucks (IMHO), and the pool swimming was less than great.

For anything ultra or adventure based I'd go Suunto. Everything else...Garmin.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No contest 935.....and if you can wait .....wait until the successor comes out and buy a 935 at a good discount. Just sayin'

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
No contest 935.....and if you can wait .....wait until the successor comes out and buy a 935 at a good discount. Just sayin'

Waiting is going to be tough. I’m currently using a VAHR and a 910xt combo. However my fiancé is using my 910xt and now I need another open water and race watch. Would like to get an all in one deal. I just don’t know when the 935 successor will come out. As far as I’ve seen there’s been no indication of any release soon. CES passed with no announcement, no rumors, no price drops like with the 920. So it could come out in a few hours or it could be another year. It’s usually on or around 2.5-3 years between release for the 900 series. So it’s coming but I think next year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True waiting is never easy and if you need it now you need it. If you want a stop gap you could buy a used 735xt but let's see what the rest of the ST community thinks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
True waiting is never easy and if you need it now you need it. If you want a stop gap you could buy a used 735xt but let's see what the rest of the ST community thinks.

735xt is a great watch but with my upgrade I really want the big bad battery life. I’m even considering the Polar VM because of it. But for spending close to $300 I’d rather spend the extra couple bucks after my discount and get the more consistent GPS.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.clevertraining.com/...ix-5-series-compare/ and never Polar...just no just read DCR's reviews it seems...hey we are going to do this....6 months later....hello? I think the released features 3 years after promised with the v800 (or something like that).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also waiting is a fluid word. We live in Massachusetts so no one is open water swimming anytime soon, and our first race probably isn’t until June anyway. So there’s no reason I can’t wait until May and still have plenty of time to play with it, get used to it, and set it up the way I want it for racing. But with that said I’d rather just be done with it and get my upgrade. Just waiting on my tax return.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with others on the 935 recommendation. I've owned the Spartan Sport, the 9 and have been testing the new Polar Vantage V. Also long time owner of the fenix 3/5/5X plus. None are close to Garmin - functionality, mobile app, customization (sport screens, watch faces, etc.), Strava live segments, developer ecosystem, etc.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
However my fiancé is using my 910xt

Shouldn’t this be his problem?
Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Quote:
However my fiancé is using my 910xt

Shouldn’t this be his problem?

You mean her problem, and considering I’m not the dumbest man in history nope, she gets to continue using it. I asked if she wanted a new watch and since she’s a first timer no she doesn’t.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, you meant your fiancée.

Yes, I suppose asking for that back would come with an invisible invoice.
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Feb 16, 19 11:01
Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Okay, you meant your fiancée.

Yes, I suppose asking for that back would come with an invisible invoice.

I learned something new today as I didn’t know that there was a difference.

Quote Reply
Re: 935 or Suunto 9 [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for the Descent 2 before I buy a new watch. There is almost nothing activity wise it will not do, freefall and spearfishing included.

Quote Reply