Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 paired with shorter races?
Quote | Reply
So, the wife has essentially given the green light on any 70.3+ if there’s a shorter race she can do (sprint/oly). I know Tremblant, Quassy (still?), HITS series, Lake George (we miss Timberman). Preference is Northeast/Mid-Atlantic.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 paired with shorter races? [mderidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Logan and white lake both in NC and I believe both offer half, ply, and sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pumpkinman in South Berwick, ME on the New Hampshire border has Sprint on Sat and Oly and half on Sunday at the beginning of September. Haven't done it yet but it gets great reviews - heading there this year!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 paired with shorter races? [2pyrfam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2pyrfam wrote:
Pumpkinman in South Berwick, ME on the New Hampshire border has Sprint on Sat and Oly and half on Sunday at the beginning of September. Haven't done it yet but it gets great reviews - heading there this year!

It's fantastic! Also, Thanksgiving dinner after the oly and half. Anyone can PM me for a discount code - I'm an ambassador.

I don't believe Quassy will get you there now it's an IM race. There is no longer an associated oly (nor at OOB or Williamsburg).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Musselman.

Move on. Keep training. Be an adult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St Andrews.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 paired with shorter races? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St. Andrews is no more. Lost it when Rev3 gave up the ghost. Hopefully it comes back...I wanted to do that race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would look at Michigan Titanium, there is a Full, Half, and Olympic if you want to do it this year. Or, they also run the Grand Rapids Triathlon in the beginning of June, Half, Olympic, and Sprint. There are some super fast guys that do that race. So, if you want to get some of the competition of IM branded race at a fraction of the price and still a big race feel that's the ideal race in my opinion. I am definitely going back next year.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 paired with shorter races? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinetic Multisports has a few triathlon festivals of half distances paired with Oly on the same day (and sprint, which is usually Sunday). Kinetic is in May in Virginia, Patriots (Jamestown VA) is September, Savageman (MD) is Sept, and Watermans (Eastern shore of MD) is in late September.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great help. Sad to hear St Andrews is done, that was on my list. Anyway, thanks all.
Quote Reply