Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 NC - logistics
Quote | Reply
So I'm thinking about signing up for 70.3 NC. Just curious about logistics about getting around town. I'd be traveling alone, and am curious if it's worth it to rent a car, or just use local taxi for logistics of getting bike to and from T1!
Any other tips would be appriciated!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 NC - logistics [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot depends on where you are staying. I’m staying at the Marriott Courtyard downtown. T1 is 10mi-ish from T2/Finish. I was all about just staying close to the finish, not have to worry about driving race day, just grab my swim bag, bike etc and walk back to the room. There is a shuttle from downtown race day to the start, for check in with no car might have to Uber or ask around for a ride.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 NC - logistics [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race morning features a bus ride from near the finish to T1. You get your stuff ready in T1 and then board the trolley/bus for the one mile ride to the swim start. There is a short 400 yard or so run from the end of the swim finish to T1. There is a number of parking lots near the finish area and early AM bus ride. Getting your bike to T1 the day before the race start will likely require a car or a ride from someone.
Quote Reply