Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!)
Quote | Reply
Not bragging, but I'm on this whacko "powercram" thing, right now. I can't stop myself. Today will be the 6th day in a row of 90 minutes bike/40 minutes run (at different paces and intensities, of course) and I've got tomorrow and Saturday to go (tomorrow's a 2.5 hour ride/30 minute run and Sat. is a 1 hour ride/1 hour run).

My lobotomy is scheduled for next Tuesday, btw. I'll post pics :-)))

Dain Bramage Tony
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny that you should post that. I heard you were named in Canseco's book.

:)

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [BallPrkRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as the photos don't get out, I'll be okay ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds whimpy. You are lucky you don't have my coach. Some guy named Tony in HI.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey.....do as I say, not as I do ;-) Ohmygawd! I'm starting to sound like my father!!

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Are you training for a specific and rapidly approaching race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tony, Whats the logic/reason for the "powercram"?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not training for anything specific or upcoming. My first race probably won't be until May (the Honu Tri, out on the Big Island). I might have to do the Lanikai Tri (a sprint race) on Mar. 20th, so I did this 9 day block as a way to force an adaptation, is all.

I certainly don't do anywhere near that amount of bricks normally, for sure. And next week will be regular old boring and structured-with-a-purpose stuff. I just get freaky once in a while and like to push the boundaries of common sense and intelligence.

"No brain, no pain" is my motto ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's probably what makes you so fast... Doing stuff to push yourself beyond the 'ordinary' training stuff... My buddy/run training partner does stuff like run a cross-country course with a 75lb tire tied around his waist. People call him crazy...but he was top amateur at Powerman AL last year, 2002 Male Duathlete of the year, etc... He's just a machine that like to punish himself to see how much he can take...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're on to something. We should have a 'Crazy/Insane Workout' thread.....not things that you have done, but something you are doing or are going to do. It would be a cool way to motivate and challenge each other. Tony is the "man" right now with 6 days of bricks!!

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do it.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Showoff! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My coach has this "super-extension" thing where four weeks out from the event you do a significant extra amount of work in a peak week. Theory is that it really gives the body something to think about and it does some extra recovery compensation. I finished the week and it felt weird: in the last hour of the last run I started feeling really strong. He equates to the body waking up and saying "so thats what you really want me to do! OK, lets go."

Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Day In A Row of Bricks (whew!) [Marky Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. The technical term for what I do, which is only very, very occasionally, is "supercompensation". Dave Scott's advocated something similar to it for years. It's like cramming a huge block of training down onto the body, and then letting it get over the shock and overcompensate for it in terms of weight loss, increase in capillary density, increase in VO2max (from weight loss and a few other things) etc.

I'm actually not as dumb as I act. Most times. Francois and I talked about the Bilat's 30/30 workouts last year. That's like a super-concentrated, short-duration way to force a little supercompensation onto oneself also.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[b]

'I'm not as dumb as I act'...dude, how can I say this....NO ONE is that dumb.
Even in Kiwiland.

Sheesh. ;

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply