Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [mike@wahoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently at 235 mile of running this month, but I don't drink, so I'm out in that regard. I easily had about 200 glasses of water this month, if that counts!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While a specific mileage number never was a goal for me in 2011, I noticed that I needed 208 miles in December to surpass 2,000 for the year. Well, yesterday I hit that 2,000. I'm taking today off and closing out the year with a 12 mile run down in Boca Raton, FL on Saturday morning.

Happy New year to all!

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [Printer86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work, fantastic! Enjoy Florida for me.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is the official cutoff time? I assume 11:59 PM, but what time zone?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YOUR timezone. Honour system, dude.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honor is my middle name, was just curious. I;m thinking of running across 2011/2012 but would have to stop at midnight to count the 2011 run. Or I'll fall asleep on the couch around 9 like I usually do.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went for a marathon last night (in the drinking dept). I didn't BQ.... more of a DNF. ;-)

I've given up on keeping track of anything. Kinda had most drinks figured out as well as the running. However, Mrs. Quads and I just got back from a couple of nights in Ottawa. Not pretty. Think she and I polished off a bottle of Grand Marnier Thursday night while we were out dancing.

Happy New Years to you, Otto, and the rest of the people still in the challenge.

Quote | Reply
HNY to you and Mrs Quads as well!

I capped off the year with a long sufferfest-ivus 35.9k run to crack the 200miles for December. Ugh. I need a beer STAT!

Time's ticking everyone else... 9 have made 200miles...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys impress the hell out of me. 200 miles in a month requires a large amount of dedication and consistency. Definitely sets the bar for what it takes to succeed in this difficult sport.

I was on track for meeting it till about 2 weeks ago. Came down with a sinus infection right before xmas that put me down for a week. Then this last week got a wierd pinched nerve in my neck that put me on my butt. That all finally cleared up and finished my little FA 50k today in PR time. I might drink a few tonight but otherwise my lineup's pretty well set.

Happy New Year!
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [ironeric2010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my final run of the month/year. Time to shower and cook lobster and drink beer! Congrats all on a successfull challenge.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmm... love lobster... we're doing braised short (beef) ribs... nom nom...

Congrats, nice work.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About to calculate... make sure your entries are in...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A tough competition. I'll train hard for next year. Definitely need to work on my drinking.
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's deceptively tough. Nice work tho and good luck on your marathon!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to all of you who hit the 200mile mark. I managed it last year, but came up well short this year. Good thing my liver made up the difference. See y'all next year.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next