Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ...
Quote | Reply
I made it.

All I can say is that endurance camp was epic. Anyone who has a chance to take a week and ride in Anza-Borrego and up/down the mountain passes, do it. Beautiful, scenic, and a different view of California.

For the Palomar hill climb thing (having been up and down all the local climbs all week), let me know when the date shakes out, I can bring up the crew.

-g
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's back! and i thought he left us for good. You came back just in time to see HELLA drama :)

ps. myspace misses you hahaha

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only check in every few weeks now, I only have time to train and work now. I have been averaging over 1200 miles per month on the bike and probably 15,000 ft of climbing per week. I'm tanked - stale and tired, but working through it.

Last week I consumed so much food, I could not believe I ate 5000-6000 calories per day for 5 straight days. It's like epic eating!

I ate so much Julian pie ...

Rubarb, crumble topping Apple, cinnamon ice cream ... didn't try the cheddar cheese on top though ...
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmm food.

http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The eating part of your training sounds fun.

Quote | Reply
Sounds like an awesome adventure. I'm envious. Not necessarily of the fatigue factor you must be dealing with, but the ability to do what you're doing. Good for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, sounds like a great time. Glad to see you around...

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, very cool. Pictures? What and when are your big races for 2006?

-C

Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right on Gary. Good to hear you'll be at Palomar again. Who exactly is your "crew" though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary

For your viewing pleasure - I'm loving these cranks by the way!

Welcome back

Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a clash of light and dark wood that is just unacceptable.

Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget the exposed wiring.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry my computrainer isn't wireless like yours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank god you're back. Smack some sense into these people. Please. ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow.

that's a hot hot hot bike.

the renn looks good too...better than zipps would i think

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice orbea

Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nicole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I made it.

All I can say is that endurance camp was epic. Anyone who has a chance to take a week and ride in Anza-Borrego and up/down the mountain passes, do it. Beautiful, scenic, and a different view of California.

For the Palomar hill climb thing (having been up and down all the local climbs all week), let me know when the date shakes out, I can bring up the crew.

-g[/reply]

I've been thinking about doing some epic style bike training. Any pointers/links/articles on how to structure such a thing?
Quote Reply
Re: 403 miles, 30 hours, 33,000 ft climbing, 2 mountain lions, 100 turkeys, 3 bison, 2 tarantulas and one big horn sheep later ... [objectiveous] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest attending a cycling camp, endurance camp

Floyd Landis is having one I believe, in a month or so
Quote Reply
Post deleted by gtingley [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some photos, but they are only available offline

The views are quite stunning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in one day, and on average, I ate:

6 clif bars

4 packs instant oatmeal

4 bottles cytomax (600 kCal worth)

2 bananas

1 sm box raisins

2 pieces apple pie w/ice cream

1 large burger w/applesauce and a salad

liters and liters of water

other liquid refreshments of notable mention ;-)

Epic eating!!
Quote Reply