Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3k to buy a new bike. What do i get?
Quote | Reply
I have about 3k saved up to buy a new tri bike and am unsure of what bike to get. Anyone have any suggestions?
I am currently riding a 2007 raleigh sport and am looking for an upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: 3k to buy a new bike. What do i get? [trihelp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2011 Cervelo P2....and pocket 400bucks.

I really think you are going to get a hodgepodge of everyone's favorite bikes....but we'll see. Might want to shop around a bit, get a pre purchase coordinate fit so you know which one's will accommodate you best....etc etc...

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another day older, and deeper in debt.

You can get great bang for the buck for that $. You might even consider getting a "lesser" (closer to $2k) bike, and spend the rest on a PM.
Most importantly is to get a bike that fits you, and how you intend (or would like) to ride it. So, getting a proper fit might be a good start.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How you do not got with a Trek SC 7 series and pocket the rest?

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest the following:
1) Whatever fits you the best
2) Whatever fits you the best
3) Whatever fits your the best

That said, there are some great bikes in the 2-3k level. Cervelo P2, Felt B14, Cannondale Slice, Scott Plasma 10, etc....

Spend the 300 to get a brand agnostic fit and then ask this same question to the group. Click on Fitters above and make an appointment with one close to you.

As someone said, lots of good bikes in that price range. Personally, I'm a fan of Cervelo and Trek. Go get fitted and see what works.
Quote Reply
Re: 3k to buy a new bike. What do i get? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So are the trek concept 7.0, Cervelo P2, Felt B16, and other bikes around that price range basically all the same? and choosing between them is just what your local dealer has and your personal fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Allez Comp frameset ($580), Ultegra or Rival group ($1000 or so), Pro Vibe 7s bar, stem, seatpost ($100-200), Cosmic Carbone SL Wheels ($1000-1200). And Syntace XXS ITU bars ($180).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As said a few times above.....focus on the fit.

Find a bike shop near you that uses the Retul fitting system. A GOOD bike shop will fit you first and THEN give you options as to what bikes will be best for your body type and race goals.

I went into the bike shop near me obsessing about a Slice and after my fit I was told the Slice wouldn't work for me at all.

Getting a new bike is super exciting. Take your time, do the research, speak to experts, and purchase wisely.

There is no reason to spend 3K on a bike that isn't going to get you over 20mph because it doesn't fit right.

GOOD LUCK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steal a $10,000 bike and use the $3000 for an attorney if you get caught!

Quote | Reply
I think it's your lucky day friend, there was a gentleman selling a CERVELO P4 RED TRIATHLON TT FRAMESET 2011 for around that much cash. ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 3k to buy a new bike. What do i get? [Horsepower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with fit first.

If it works for you I'd go with the 2011 P2. I bought mine for 2400 at All3Sports and was able to spend more on "upgrades". And I love the black color scheme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, I'd go with fit. I had $5g to spend on a bike and ended up with a $3g Giant Trinity before the funky front end. Fits great and I love it. They put me on a more expensive bike and it failed miserably. Focus more on fit and less on cash.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 3k to buy a new bike. What do i get? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
I think it's your lucky day friend, there was a gentleman selling a CERVELO P4 RED TRIATHLON TT FRAMESET 2011 for around that much cash. ;)

Ya know, sometimes I just wish slowtitch had a LIKE button ala Facebook.
*Like*

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Quote Reply