Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2 milestones
Quote | Reply
First, I did my first hour long run yesterday, 6.2 miles. More a mental thing.....only part that hurt was the last 58 minutes. Did I mention the 2 minute walk at the beginning I did to get the legs moving. Running is my weakest link by far.

Second, I am no longer a lurker, I am offically a poster.

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: 2 milestones [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a runner made of the same cloth as I..ahhh..welcome brother..wanna go for a bike ride instead?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well done and welcome. the only thing worse than an hour run is an hour swim!

one word: iPod!

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.... And a hearty welcome on board My Friend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2 milestones [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]a runner made of the same cloth as I..ahhh..welcome brother..wanna go for a bike ride instead?[/reply]

any day. After doing my firs tri last year my impression of it changed. its became:

a long swim warming up for a bike to get me ready to not die on the run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah that pretty much sums it up for me to this point as well (even after nearly 20yr doing them..some things never change) At least it's been that way UNTIL now..we'll see what 2005 brings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! If you keep at it, it will get better. 1 year ago, my longest ever run had been 8 miles (slow, slow, slow). I've finally progressed to where I willingly did 15 miles yesterday without any walk breaks. And the week before I did my longest ever run of 19 miles. And the time really seemed to go by fast even though it took me 3 hrs 24 minutes to do it. It really is 90% mental.

I agree with the other poster that the swim is a warm up for a nice fast bike ride and then I just try to survive the run.

Regina

MOP swim, FOP bike and BOP run :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always viewed tri as a TT with a warm up swim before and a cool down jog afterwards.

I remember the first time running an hour. It was quite an achievement since when training for my first tri I could barely run 20 minutes. Now I can run about three hours, maybe more, but I've never tried since I'd rather be riding the bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2 milestones [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the peaceful tribe has its own subculture..cool. Long live the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job.......... I remember my first "long run" of an hour. Very cool. Keep us posted now that you are no longer just lurking.

Jim
Quote Reply
welcome welcome [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The forum needs more people of your athletic ability, to keep me company down the back.

Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know.
Quote Reply
Re: welcome welcome [Marky Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed....I like to think I am slow on purpose....if I was faster, I would get to see the prol (and most fit) women ahead of me. But which is better, getting pasted on the bike or the run, hard to saw. Run has the better view, but there is something about legs on the bike...HOT DAMN!!!!

-bcreager
Quote Reply