Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good thing I've got this handy-dandy PowerTap to keep me workin' hard, eh? Just remember...you're still 0-fer in our head-2-heads... not to psych you out or anything... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no wave start !
I might drowned !
Or worsser shark bit

Ps I will all my beer to ML should I not finish the swim
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"shadow ML and TriBriGuy all day on the bike and then eat their lunch on the trail."

Better bring your A game....FYI...I've improved my W/kg ratio on BOTH sides of the equation!

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just remember...you're still 0-fer in our head-2-heads... not to psych you out or anything... ;-)

Oh, believe me, I shall not soon forget. Ever since that cold January day in Quantico I have been your whipping boy, but never by more than a mosquitoes posterior. Plan to suffer this time around if you want to stay undefeated. Of course, you should plan to suffer even if I beat you. Suffering is why we signed up for this one ... Incidently, I finally looked up the background on what a lemming is. I don't know that I particularly like the idea that we are all rushing to our doom ... It may be an apt comparison, but I don't have to like it.

Chad

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"shadow ML and TriBriGuy all day on the bike and then eat their lunch on the trail."

Better bring your A game....FYI...I've improved my W/kg ratio on BOTH sides of the equation!

;-)

I have no idear how flatlander boy is gonna do in the hills of Gunklandia (altho I can venture a guess - and it ain't pretty ;-), but cdw's gonna hafta ride at least 20 mins faster than he did last year to even be in the same zip code as me coming off the bike.... ... and then do more than the death-march shuffle out in the woods afterwards...
No pressure. <smirk>

I've set new PB's this year in my hillclimb TT and my 29m mad-wack hilly ride loop. I too have improved both sides of the W/kg equation.
(was only a scant :08 off that hillclimb TT PB just this very afternoon, in fact. Not too too bad, considering I ran 10m this am. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...now that the SERIOUS smack talk has begun....

17 days and counting...

Oh...and who's going to have the best vantage point for watching the web coverage of IMH? Nothing like a little Kona action to get us all in over our heads!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming that DawnT's Womens of ST weekend cottage has wi-fi, that might be a fun place to hang and "watch" all the Kona doings.
(not that I'm inviting all of us over to their place - well, actually I kinda am! ;-)

<< Well...now that the SERIOUS smack talk has begun.... >>

I didn't want to wait too long, and then have somebody pull a DD on me again, like with my last ST Smackdown.
Better to start dishing it out first. What's our ST Smackdown DEFCON level now?? ;-)

Speaking of which, since I was unable to deliver my keg of whoop-ass to Desert Dude up in MTL, I managed to sneak it back across the border.
(that's what I get for spotting that fishie bastid 10 mins outta the water... only made back 9 of 'em after that. Note - there is no swim at A-Z.)

It's been on ice ever since, and is just waiting to be served up frosty cold and fresh to you, Chad, tetsuoni, Tyler_Durden, and the rest of the ST crew on 10/12.
mmmmMMMMMMmmmmm whoop-ass. Mohonk Mountain Refreshment! : )

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of us already have a kitchen pass to Miss Dawn's gathering. I suppose, if nothing else...I'll have my Blackberry I can plug into for internet access...that and an appropriate video cable and we can port the show into whatever TV happens to be there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it has Internet access, but not sure about WiFi. I'll check.

Carbo-load/Kona party on Saturday sounds good to me. ML - make sure you bring your grass skirt!
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey john, watching all the smack and chat re: AmZ from the comfort and isolation of berlin, i just want to say that i'm very happy for you as an RD and for duathlon/racing overall that the race has got "so many" people to race this year. it can't be allowed to die, at least not before i get another chance to try the LC out. last year's post-race situation looked a little dire, so this is really great. bon chance!
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dawhead, Thank you very much. It is gratifying that the race is starting to take on a life of its own. Despite my current poor condition, I'm looking forward to racing. Hopefully we'll see you next year. I haven't forgotten how strong you rode with me and Halstead at the S.O.S. in 2006.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We''ll leave the light on for ya....

At this rate of growth, it may even sell out next year. How cool would THAT be?

Folks'll be lined up on Active.com at 8:59 am on the appointed day, hoping their internet connection is fast enuff so they can snag one of the coveted A-Z slots for the following season!!! ;-)

Tetsuoni just needs to make sure said appoined day is at least a month after A-Z, since it takes me about that long to forget about all the suffering, and actually consider doing the LC event again. : )

I honestly think that for anybody who is not doing Kona, or Draftwater, that this is an awesome end of season race. You get one last shot to put a year's worth of fitness to the test, on a challenging course in a beautiful venue. I'm glad to see that so many folks now agree with me.
And NO DRAFTING!!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions [katzbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve,

I got locked out of the race. I'll probably stay local this weekend. I'm still anticipating heading up the 5th for and ez bike/run loop. Good luck on sunday...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing I remember about AmZ was the difficulty of keeping the training going that late. It was really psychologically tough, especially when you know that even the race venue will be crying out "we're winding it up, folks!". a dark morning start, fall all around - there's nothing to keep the mid-summer training turbo jets running. which just adds to the challenge ... of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironically, Charleston SC served up some perfect AmZof training weather this week...winds 20-30 and gusting to 40...rain today and tomorrow. My run this morning was nice and cool with spitting rain...perfect. Nice psychological boost from the gut check. It would have been VERY easy to hit the snooze button!

17 days, kids!
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This isn't smack talk, so I'm reviving this thread with a weather report.

Not that I have any faith in weather reports 2 weeks out but here it is:
http://www.accuweather.com/...veler=1&metric=0

Exec Summary:
Rain, wind, low 33F, high 56F.

Sounds about right!

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
High of 56? Man, we're gonna get spoiled w/ weather like that! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why we serve cold beer. It can get HOT out there.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't mind cooler weather, but I'm going to be very sad if it rains on race day. I'm hoping to make up a little bit of time on the downhills, but if the roads are wet then I know I'll be riding my brakes the whole way (yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to wet roads).
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better safe than sorry when it comes to wet roads, especially on those corners at the top of Mohonk.

Some rain could actually make it safer, as there will be far fewer leaf peepers in cars on the road.

And, wet descents tend to send the low fat climbing bunnies into hypothermia, which works to my advantage.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[(yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to wet roads). ]
I am the same here but I would rather be a wimp than being in the hospital/not being able to ride for an extended period of time...

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but hose low-fat climbing bunnies do make the hairpin turn section good for sightseeing....
Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [edk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good one; I guess there's 2 types of climbing bunnies in the Shawangunk Mountains. I agree, the ones hanging from ropes on the cliffs are nice to look at.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Better safe than sorry when it comes to wet roads, especially on those corners at the top of Mohonk.

Some rain could actually make it safer, as there will be far fewer leaf peepers in cars on the road.

And, wet descents tend to send the low fat climbing bunnies into hypothermia, which works to my advantage.

Yeah, I had such a hard time w/ the lousy weather that first year. When I cashed the first of the many checks of yours. ;-)

You can keep grasping at all the straws you want, Cartman. At the end of the day, it's gonna come down to fitness vs. fatness.
And you have a little too little of the former, and way too much of the latter.

Oh wait - sorry, this is the Q&A thread, not the smack talk thread. Pretend I posted this in the other thread.
Carry on, as you were.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 2 American Zofingen Questions (give or take a few) + other assorted ramblings. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, ML.

I was feeling a bit lazy, but now I'm off for a long run.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next