Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2 1/2s in two weeks?
Quote | Reply
Is it possible or recommended to do two 1/2 Ironmans in two weeks? I was thinking about doing one with my wife for moral support on one weekend (it would be slow) and racing another the next weekend. The first one would be at training speed or slower. I have done a 1/2 one weekend and an Olympic the next weekend with no problem.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: 2 1/2s in two weeks? [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my opinion, provided you have a solid base and are fit you will probably have two good races.

Maybe one thing to consider is practicing some very pro-active recovery techniques after the first 1/2. Massage, excellent nutrition, good sleep, light training to stay loose, another massage. What you do between the two events will have a lot to say about the quality of your second event. You can do it though, Good Luck! I bet you'll do fine!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2 1/2s in two weeks? [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I consider myself a newbie in this sport (for how many years can I keep calling myself that?? <grin>). I did my first 1/2 last summer and I easily could have done another one the next weekend. No recovery problems whatsoever. I don't think you'll have a problem at all, especially since the first one will be at a relatively easy pace.

Dawn
Quote Reply