Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ottomann - as in Heavy Metal Bus Driving Dude.

You right and I'm laying off the cookies and crap. And yes I have been doing something rollers swimming, running on shitty snow covered streets.

There is no finish line - Nike

Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll be getting my weigh-in a bit later today :)

I'm a bit nervous to get on the scale, but I hope my 12 Days of Training focus will help with starting to get the weight off...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, it's official. I'm in. Here are the details:

Today's Weight: 208 (worse than I thought!)

Target Weight: 188

Try to lose weight by: April 15

Reward if (when) I reach my goal: some new hi-tech gadget

Consequence if I don't reach my goal: Won't sign up for IMC '07 (and I really do want to!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if we don't have 20#'s to drop but want to join in the fun?

Just got a pinch test the other day and even adding in an additional 4% for inaccuracy 20#'s would be pushing it for me. 15#'s should get me where I "should" be.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please join in the fun. Misery loves company.

Less than 20 lbs if fine. All I ask is that you use the 1 lb per week as a guideline. Just stop when you achieve your goal.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I'm in.

What's the start date or does it really matter?

37, currently 163, probably 165 by New Years...at which time I will start my shedding.

5'7 1/2" yes the half counts. Pinch test as of Last Tuesday pegged me at 13.13% BF...so Either 9.13 or 17.13%...I'm guessing closer to 15% myself. Want to drop 15 and get down around 8-10%.

My punishment if I don't loose the weight...Isn't dragging the extra pounds thru HHH and IMWI enough punishment?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The site has been updated. www.rollingthundercanada.com

I apologize for the dead links on my site, they are all fixed now (I think). Thanks to those of you who provided feedback. I am still very new to the whole web site authoring thing, but I learning. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today was a good day.

I got on the scale to see 181.6. Down from 185 last week. It might be a bit too much too soon, but for now I'll take it :)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guess this weekend is the realy crunch for most of us...good luck fellow losers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apologies for not checking in on Monday...currently on vacation in Florida doing absolutely nothing...I'll need to find a scale in this house...last I checked before I left I was 198lbs...been eating since I got here so I'm guessing I'm up to about 201 or so...will probably be around 203-204 by the time I head home and time to start dropping the pounds like flies...

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a wonderful Christmas in Florida

Best wishes for the Holidays

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves

www.rollingthundercanada.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if the number on teh list is supposed to be our weight or not...If so I'm killing everyone cause I'm listed as 208 last week and I'm only 163 this week.

Are we supposed to just respond to this thread every week or will there be a weekly thread? What day do we weigh?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oops, sorry about that

Thx for the update. I'll make the changes ASAP

The idea is to let me know your Monday morning weigh in through ST public post, ST PM or via my email.

Paul@rollingthundercanada.com

Best wishes for the Holidays

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Paul. I'll be sure to check in on Monday with my post-christmas weigh-in...should be interesting. And I'll give you a ring in the new year since I would love to try out one of the Blue bikes.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to ask this, is it too late to get in on this? I need to drop some lbs after taking a year off.

IMOO 2004 - 136lbs. December 1 2005 - 158 lbs.

"It´s not whether you get knocked down, it´s whether you get up." ... Vince Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's late but I'd like to join in on the fun if it is possible.

I got a lot of pounds to lose and this might just motivate me to do so.

I got 3 Ironman's to do this year and I would like to put some kind of effort in my training to do half-decent at these events. Dropping some pounds would help immensely.

Got my fitness test with Ian at imfit.ca on November 12 and weighed in at 188 lbs.

Dec. 12, 2005 - 183 lbs

Dec. 19, - 183 lbs

Dec. 26 - 183.5 lbs

Come on Kent, I think you should join me for an Ironman if you dont reach your goal.

BCC T12 Rules

Hoss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dec 26th weigh-in.

Going the wrong way at 182 lbs.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [cmsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 26 Weigh in- 141 lbs

Total weight loss- 3 lbs

I really lost it last night, but I still managed to do all right. Good luck fellow STers
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [cmsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got off the scale for my Monday morning weigh-in ...... who had the wonderful idea to start this thing over Christmas :) My weight is now up to a fat 191lbs after weighing in at 186 a week ago. I was on a different scale last week so I hope that is part of the reason I'm so much heavier this week. I guess I'd better get working on this.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 26 weigh-in following a lot of indulging (and a lot of training!!)

Weight : 184.4 (whew!)

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday and a will have a Happy 2006!!

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [hosspro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who keeps inviting these age group winners (and in this case age group dominators)
Did you say Ironman hoss? Me? Do and IM? You're kidding right? You have any idea how much I'd have to *gulp* train to do one of thtose things? Filing this one under the category of aint never gonna happen. I'll be weighing in a bit later today..a bit dehydrated right now. Have to do it before I head over to Speedy's house though...I suspect he'll be trying to help fatten me up when I get there.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 176.5. It's funny because I knew the weigh in was coming so I went for a jog on Christmas Eve & Day. I did not deny myself any Christmas season treats, but I did watch how much I ate. I also limited myself to only two mince tarts, 1lb of wine gums (Mostly black ones), Quality Street, Terry's Chocolate Orange, etc.

You guys are great. Without the external motivation I would probably be at 182 or greater :-)

Kent - Who me? Try to fatten you up to win a silly wager? Never. BTW - What's your fav. beer, icecream, dessert, etc?
Last edited by: Speedy: Dec 26, 05 6:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday morning weigh in: 145.5lbs

I'll take a half pound loss over a half pound gain, especially since I ate about two pounds of turkey last night!

But the holiday season is now over for me and the serious weight loss begins. 127 watch out!!

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OOOoooooooooooo 157.0
So a pound a week will have me in late Jan / early Feb just to get back to ground zero!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Time to get serious!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Happy New Year
Quote Reply

Prev Next