Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've put together an Excel spreadsheet to track the Monday "weigh in's".

I should have the 1st listing up by end of day Sunday. I appreciate your patience as I am a babe in the woods when it comes to web authoring.

If there's ant web authoring gods on there in ST land, please PM me.

Cheers,

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we're going to have to take me out of this, because I don't have access to a scale except when I go home -- which is rarely. I can tell by how my clothes fit, but I can't make it objective.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone TSR tigerchik a scale? Someone gone on to bigger and better scales (a new Tanita perhaps) that needs to unload their old one? Anyone...anyone...Bueller?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G'day Allan,

If you get that light, I'll never catch you on the run next season. Good Luck with the challenge.

Peace

C'ya

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Newt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newt, we need a baseline weight right now from Faulds to assess his legendary winter cosmetic bulk status. I have no clue how his weight can fluctuate that much. No wonder his is such a stud when he lightens up.

Allan, post your current Dec 15th weight and pic. I think all this talk of your "built in winter wetsuit" is just talk. I bet you are already down to 165. As for Speedy losing 20 lbs, if he does that...look out.

My goal is to shed the 5 lbs of dough I gained over the past 8 weeks and get down to race weight (140) for race season, which for me is only 6 weeks away (XC race season).
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev

I'll do a weigh in after this weekend. I'm heading to Montreal (provided we don't get 6 feet of snow!) for Steph's staff Christmas party (we were at her company's Toronto office party last week and since she travels to both places we're going to 2 parties this year). Last weekend I consumed way to much food and alcohol and will probably do the same this weekend to add to the bulk. Last summer at Peterborough I was still around 184lbs (so you saw me with considerable bulk but not quite the 191.5 which is my all-time high) and was down to 175-176 range by the Ottawa half. My Parry Sound and Kona weights from '04 were around 169-170 and you can be assured that I'll be lighter than this for Muskoka next season!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

speedy,

I think I want in, what do I need to do?

scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allan, you better show up at Epicman-Muskoka at 165, or you'll be banished permanently to the ST-Michelin-doughboy hall of fame :-). We need you to run sub 3:15 at LP...
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, If I can get down that extra 5lbs to 165lbs then a sub-3:15 at LP is a given ..... how's that for over-confidence :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey man...but if you are 166 then you have a built in excuse for 3:30...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm predicting that if Allan gets to 165 and he comes out for the usual weekend long rides that he will be running close to 3:00 flat. He certainly has the potential.

Peace

C'ya

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the challenge. Gives us the gory details & a blank chq

Height

current weight

dire consequence if goal is not reached

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey....YEP, doing Around The Bay. 3rd time. Missed out in 2005 due to injuries. Looking forward to the new start route and jumbotron Finish!!

The best part of the race is that REALLY long hill around 25-26K. It just goes up and up. Great. Fun.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another log for the fire:

male, 38 years old

6'0" tall, 203.5 lbs, 14.5% bodyfat on the Tanita.

I read this initial thread the other night just as the Domino's guy showed up with the pizza. That should give you some idea how my winter's going.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And one more. Just to show how slacky I've been, I was going to join up two days ago :)

male, 30

6'0"

234lbs nekid (target 214 by the April date, sub 205 by the July date)

24.8%BF (I think, I'll have the correct numbers for Monday's weigh in)

Westborough, MA

Punishment- still working on that, I'll get back to y'all.

Pictures- can't find any on-line. Will have to scan one maybe...
Last edited by: EvilBen: Dec 16, 05 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [EvilBen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the challenge :-)

I just finished the spreadsheet. Now I need to figure out how to post onto my web site. I'll let you know when available.

BTW - Average current weight is 205

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m in too.

I’m new to this forum and you guys will motivate me loosing a couple of pounds I can’t get ride off.

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 140

Body fat %: ???

Target Weight: 125

Try to lose weight by: March 1

Youppi !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is your website? And I don't mind my stats posted.

Hell, all you had to do is race in Eastern Ont. this summer and you would have seen me!

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also in but I'm gunning for 30lbs by March 12th. Coming out of a 5 year retirement from racing.

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 265 lbs

Target Weight: 235 lbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK sign me up. My real goal is to break 3:00 at Boulder Peak this summer, but 20 lbs lighter seems a worthy secondary goal and likely contributer to the first.

Male, 49

5'8"

152.6 lb this morning

%fat pending, as soon as I figure out how to set up the Tanita

Colorado

If I don't make it, I'll post my time. I'll also post my time if I do make it.

Thx

SB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I signed up for this great challenge and then conferred a bit with my "coach". His take that me losing 20lbs at my current weight is probably not the best idea (and that was confirmed with others as well). So, although I am not aiming now at a 20lbs weight loss< i want to stay in the contest but chnage my weight loss goal to 10lbs...I know, not a huge target but based on feedback, a smarter, healthier goal for me. Hope I can still be part of the 'team'.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/15/05 - 153.4 - waking weight

12/18/05 - 151.6 - after breakfast. intensely sick thursday night ---> friday night

getting sick is almost like cheating in this challenge Wink
Last edited by: Sojourner: Dec 18, 05 9:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im in too.

Start weight: 127

Target weight: 107

Height: 5'3"

Body Fat: ~14 to 16% (seems highly variable tho - never really know what my scale will say)

Motivation: Around the Bay at a serious pace, not just a casual cruise. Am hoping the 20 pounds will help the speed.

Serena
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10, 20 makes no difference. I glad you picked an intelligent goal. Just eat more chocolate, cheesecake & drink dark Cdn. beer once goal is achieved to maintain weight.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a weigh in at the Health Club at the Delta Montreal hotel yesterday (before I went out partying so I may be heftier today!). I am currently a not-so-svelte 186lbs on my 6ft frame. I'm going to get close to 165 before Muskoka next June!
Quote Reply

Prev Next