Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you know any of the following challengers, give a gentle reminder to submit their Monday weigh ins :-)

parkito

From post #443, Monday morning: Put me down for 147 this week. I think I have gained two pounds of muscle from all the swimming, shouldn't I get some kind of bonus for that? Please?

I claim a foul, as defined by a deliberate misrepresentation of my honest effort to report my dismal results to date. I am therefore suing by arbitration for a half pound deduction on my actual weight as a penalty for your actions (or lack there of). My lawyer will be calling your lawyer, shortly.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected (blush)

Please don't set your nasty lawyer on me, pleeeease.

The site has been updated & you're in the Blue Zone

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought some of my consequences were the best?

Check Manna's rewards/consequences. She has some of the best, if not the best ideas yet.

Man less than a week and I go from hero to zero. Oh well it doesn't matter anyway cause with 10 pounds down and ten to go there is no way I will have to do my dire consequences.

Besides the food Nazi's around here won't let me near the cookie jar!

I figured out my base metabolic rate last night and realized I have been running a 800-1200 calorie deficit almost every day. Ooops! The horror of it is I actually have to add more food into my nutrition plan, to make up a little of that deficit. Oh yeah more fruits and veggies! maybe I can talk them into one stop at Qdoba's this weekend?

"The miracle is that I started at all"--"The Penguin" John Bingham
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [trinewbiehank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
January 30th weigh-in ..... down to 181lbs.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [trinewbiehank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your consequences are very good. You are the Consequence King & manna is the Consequence Queen.

Am I correct in that you Monday weigh in is 247?

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's 11 lbs since Christmas. Well done what are you doing to get the results? Donated a kidney?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [atl_tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, 10 lbs since Dec. 19th. You must be feeling a difference by now. For the 1st time since the challenge I noticed a difference on Friday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, finally. I suppose the semi-corrected eating habits and 50+ mile run weeks are finally starting to take effect. It's nice also not to have clothing fit so snugly.

Congrats on your loss as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [atl_tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

I was looking for my 1st 2 lb loss of the challenge after my 1st week of consistant training , but I was off by .2 lb :-( There's always next week.

On Friday I went for a Z2 run & I ran my loop quicker for the same HR. For the first time this year I felt lighter. I also was able to do my belt up a notch which was very gratifying.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checking in again.
The song remains the same at 178 for this week.

Later
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [cmsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob,

The site's been updated & you're in RED :-(

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
215 I made it through the weekend a good boy ANd now to go for a run to get the week off to a good start
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright...time to check in...down to 197...so finally a pound below where I started and down 7lbs since Christmas. Ran my fastest 5K split ever on Saturday morning after a 2:30 trainer ride...must be that extra pound I lost!

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of right now I am 178 lbs.

Figured I better weigh in now or else I may be a bit more later in the day. I'll probably pay for this in next week's weigh in.

Good luck to all in dropping the dough.

Roger
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [hosspro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
184.5 this morning

I was a good boy this weekend (Sort of).

Ottomann

Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weigh in 1-30-06 at 198 lbs. WTF?!!!!! I guess I've been eating too much lately.

Dammit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Speedy

I've still got my kidneys but have been training pretty well this month (averaged 14 hrs/week this year) and eating marginally better (no rum and egg nog and constant chocolate intake like at Christmas) so the weight is coming off fast. I figure I'll have to improve the eating habits soon to keep dropping at this rate.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It must be water retention. From what the top losers are telling me, it's not how much they eat it's more a matter of what they eat & when. As the mileage increases the weight will drop.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monday morning weigh-in: 143 lbs. another week, another pound.

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy,

Red is a great motivator. A reminder for the rest of the week.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I join in on the weight loss challenge? I just started with my family last week. I was 200 and went down to 199.2...only -.8 But I had bronchitis and couldn't work out and I ate like crap for the week.

I really need to lose weight...Obviously. I am breaking the scale at 200. I just started training and eating right. I am trying to eat 6 small meals a day. Maybe add a protein shake as one of the snacks? If anyone has suggestions I will gladly take them.

My goal is 138...I have a freekin long way to go!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntpb/nicoley
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 reds, 3 blue & a definate downward trend. Keep up the good work :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks paul.

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [montegadog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicole, you are most welcome to join. The guideline is 1 - 2 lbs per week. No more, no less.

We need the following your reward & dire consequence (See Manna & TriNewbieHank)

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Last edited by: Speedy: Jan 30, 06 6:50
Quote Reply

Prev Next