Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [KS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go for it Ken....you saw how I did it...follow suit. Unless you aren't man enough to go this public. In which case..we understand...fake some weight and come April you can lie about how little you weigh. If it makes you feel better.

Same goes for anyone else who wants to 'play' Bring it all out in the open and let us mock you (waiting for someone to do it to me) all the way to April.
Otherwise you're just a wus looking for attention.
Get on the bandwagon or take your ball (if you have any) and go home.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in 5'9 200 just signed up for memphis in may and I am ready to roll
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Lost 25 pounds this summer. Put 5 back on in the last two weeks. I'm off to the pool to start the proceedings.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need the motivation Kentiger!! The mint chocolate chip ice cream is too tempting and with the -4 degree temps the electric blanket is too nice. Come on....let me play!! :-)

What the mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [rstocks3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alright then..you all asked for it...before asking to play let it be known that anyone and everyone is allowed in on the deal but expect criticism and mockery at every opportunity. We can work out individual details for everyones punishment for failure to reach the 20 mark or we can come up with a mutual humiliation for all (although my fate it yet to be determined by the rules of Speedy since it is really all about he and I here). Nothing comes easy though..we need details about your beginnings (and you need to be serious here..no faking it by wearing full on sweats and steel toed work boots...and you really have to want to lose the weight).
As I posted...give us an age, height, weight, location (in case someone else local can/wants to keep tabs on you to keep it really real), and if a pic is available..bring it on too. No more asking to play..no more half hearted attempts at claiming to be part of the deal..all in or nothing. This is serious business people...you want to lose it or be a loser?

In short..quit the shit and post it all...wuss!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and stocks...dude (if you are a dude) mint choc chip? For real? What kind of a pansy assed excuse for ice cream is that anyway? You gonna let some minty sugar get the better of you or are you gonna man up and do something about it? Oooooh it's calling me....wah wah wah! 20 pounds man...20! Crappy frozen milk is getting in the way of you being a 'real' triathlete...you going to be a wannabe all your life or are you hoping to grow a spine someday soon?
Mint choc chip...nice excuse..weiner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it might be hard over the holidays, I want in. I gained 24 pounds in the last year and want to lose most of it before next season.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [sailorman2439] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you saw the rules sailor...post it and make the jump..otherwise you're just full of hot air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All right! I'm in. I need to drop some serious weight before IMAZ. I weighed 195 for IMAZ this year and I need to be at least that for 2006. I would really like to be around 185.

Here's the tale of the tape:

December 13, 2005

Height: 6' 0.5"

Weight: 216.2 (boxer briefs only)

% Body Fat: 23% (according to the Tanita, just for reference)

edit for age and location

~Tucker

Shop at: TriSports.com

"Stick to the facts man, they are good enough, no need to go making stuff up." - STP
Last edited by: mtuck: Dec 13, 05 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok here goes

Height = 5'-10"

Date = Dec. 13th 21:23 EST

Current Weight = 181 lbs

Target weight = 160 lbs

% fat = a lot

Kitchener, ON

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has this become an open challenge? I'll step it one further because I need to lose more than probley everyone on this site. I'll drop 30 by the time you all drop 20 or I'll.....? whatever the penalty is, I'll pay it.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch!!!! Ruthless....wow!! OK....Just got off the scale and 185.2 lbs, started going the wrong way. Game on dudes...and yes, I am a dude. I just got called a pansie ass wannabe wah wah wah wiener in one posting. Ouch!!

No excuses here, next stop 159!!!!

Here's the details:

39 yrs old
5'9" 185.2 lbs
23.5% bodyfat (Tanita)
Goal weight 159 on 7/16/05, 165 on 4/15/05
Binghamton, NY (upstate near Syracuse)

Now, it's -4 and I'm crawling into an electric blanket for a few hours!!

Bob

Last edited by: rstocks3: Dec 13, 05 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [dwtdct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to set up the goal so we lose 1 lb per week. I have heard that quicker weight lose is stressful on the body & unlikely to stay off. Feel free to set your own goals, but I would hate to have anyone do themselves harm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, if we are posting

male

37 years old

212 lbs

alot of body fat

TARGET WEIGHT- 182

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and spineless too...don't forget the spineless part;-)
you already lost too much...no way you're ever gonna lose another 20
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alright....mileader....if I fail to reach the goal I will do something longer than a try a tri...my wife is standing next to me and says I'm not even allowed to do a sprint if I don't reach the goal...Oly or longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.brightroom.com/images/clearwindow_v.gif

Pic frim last sprint in Sept.

Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang...we sound like a bunch of women (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I'm in...and in with 29 lbs instead of 20. You tell me the punishment for not doing it - I'll do it - with pics. A race this year is IMC, so need less lbs to climb.

December 14, 2005

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 192

Goal Weight: 163

% Body Fat: not sure, but I have a big gut

Last edited by: atl_tony: Dec 14, 05 4:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK...I'll step up to the plate...but only if kentiger commits to a race longer than a TAT...Oly or longer? I say Wasaga Oly in September - gives you some extra time to train...or lose the fitness you've gained by April 15/05. If I don't hit goal weight, let's see, I'll do IMLP.

Age - 32

Height - 6'

Location - Markham, Ontario

Weight (as of Dec 14/05 - 06:30 EST) - 198 lbs

Goal weight by April 15/06 - 178 lbs (that would make a 1 year total loss of 47 lbs)

Goal weight by July 23/06 - 175 lbs

Picture on September 10/05 (weight in photo 205 lbs) - http://www.mikecheliak.com/...lbum=156&pos=292

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello to all. I've been a long time lurker and this thread motivated me for my first post.

I'll join this challenge.

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 234lbs

Goal: 200lbs

(Already lost 52 lbs this year, but need to shed the last 30!)

Let's get it on!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [bry05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how is this going to work? Honor system? Monday morning weigh in posts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 10"

44 (for a few more weeks)

We don't own a scale but last time I weighed myself at the doctor's office I was 225 (Down from 242). Goal weight 200lbs.

Pickering Ont.

I'll check my weight at the gym in the next day or two and repost. Go big or go home.

J
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure why I feel compelled to post here

Age 31

Height 5'9"

Location - Newmarket, Ontario - most of training in downtown T.O.

Weight (as of Dec 14/0 - 06:20 EST) - 202 lbs

Goal weight by April 15, 2006 - 180 lbs

Goal weight by July 23, 2006 - 173 lbs (last weight I swam at in university).
Last edited by: Muh: Dec 14, 05 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All righty.......I'm in! Any other gals coming out to play? And Yea, I really do need to lose my cookie belly.

Weight... 183. As of Dec 12, nekkid. And no, there is NO picture.

Height....5ft 8in.

BF: ~28-28.5%

Goal weight: 160.

Locale.....Brockvegas. Cdnbiker can keep me honest. He's my hubby.

Anyone doing the Around The Bay? (Mar 26th, I'm bib #616) Could always do a check in there. It's only 2 or so weeks out from the April 15 deadline Speedy suggested.

Best of luck everyone! If I can get through the damn holiday season without gaining, I should be good to go :)

*My punishment will be having to do a 5K race as fast as I can.....I HATE 5k races. With a passion.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Last edited by: Irongirl: Dec 14, 05 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'll give it a try.

height 5'10"
date december 14 2005
current weight 142 lbs
target weight 125 lbs
current body fat 14.5%

i'm giving myself until may 1st to do it.

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply

Prev Next