Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alright...I see how it's gonna be now...care to explain why I am the only one in red yet not the only one too gain? Huh? Punk? I'd been looking for the right motivation..putting me up was one thing..doing it in flaming red (don't think I didn't notice) is another thing altogether.
Now it's on. Dire consequences be damned.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I do that, little ol' me?

We, the challengers, can vote on who gets red flagged? PM me who you think deserves to be flagged, or is this too much? Let me know.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that's the case then cast my vote to keep me in red. Doesn't matter if I've loost or not...leave it in red....hell...leave me as the only one in red. That way every time I log on or check in I can see red. Finding it rather motivating right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jan 23rd check-in: 178
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
195 but I have the flu so it doesn't really count

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Muh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get well soon.

The site's been updated for your viewing pleasure.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monday morning weigh-in: 145lbs. up a pound. too much beer. you'd think 70km of running this past week would give me a license to drink!

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monday weigh in the 23rd of January 155#

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to my starting point of 198...does it count that in the last 7 weeks I've put on 6lbs and then lost it all?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're in Blue. The site's been updated

I figure 5 weeks or more with consistant 1-2 lb/week loss puts a challenger in Blue.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday Jan 23, 2006

My fault. I didn't do much this weekend but ate like I did.

serena
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
217 oops but it says my body fat is coming down so I guess that is good right?

I hate weekends they mess up the whole week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday, 23rd.

1 lb loss.

When I started this, I said my "punishment" was to run a 5K race. As I can't stand them. With a passion.

Did one on Saturday(21st). POURING RAIN. I mean POURING rain. Was fun, in a painful way. I am not a fast runner, never have been.

26:52, Avg pace/km was 5:32/km. By many on here, that's damn slow. By my standards of hating 5K and not having done one in 2-3 years, I'm pleased. So one down, 2 more to go. (one in Feb, one in Mar.)

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back at 188. A little too much salt over the weekend I think.

Had a 40 mile run week last week, should repeat that this week too. It should be good for a few pounds.

2 weeks to Frozen 1/2. Sending in registration today. Goal time of 1:40 or less.

Ottomann

Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday January 23rd Check-in. Drum rolllll Please! duum dum dum dum dum

246.5! yeah ten punds down only 30 more to go to meet my goal for the year!

Granted compared to just about every one else I have the weight to lose! Plus I have an added bonus in the weight loss department sime my wife and I had to move home due to a family emergency, and are staying with my in laws for a few months. My mother in law decided I needed to lose weight so not only is she riding me like a dog to get my weight she will not buy any sweets or soda and threw out all that there was. Combined with being semi-jobless and having no money to go out to eat.

So doing al the running and swimming I have done the weight is flying off. Also just to torture myself a little I watched my high light video from my senior year of high school wrestling when I was 5% body fat and 155lbs.Back then I could run a 5k sub-17 now I struggle to 28+ damn what was I thinking in college!

"The miracle is that I started at all"--"The Penguin" John Bingham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
205 lbs

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 147 this week. I think I have gained two pounds of muscle from all the swimming, shouldn't I get some kind of bonus for that? Please?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode the CT while watching the Seahawks Crush Carolina!

Weighed in this morning weighing in at 211. Down 3lbs for the week.

I am hoping to make this a strong week on the bike, being that the rain has backed off.

Keep it up every one....You are looking good!

Dusty

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to gain 2lbs of slowtwitch muscle in a week? I don't know, just curious.

I guess the trick would be to have a scale or method for getting %BF. Regardless, the % goes beyond the scope of our little challenge.

For the 1st time this weekend I noticed I could do up another notch on my belt. I suspect I'm gaining muscle & losing fat like you.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy -

I gained 2lbs! Yikes......has to be muscle <grin>.

http://cmkracing.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125 as of this morning, 124 yesterday post ride...and don't even get me started with that BF!! it's all over the place...that scale's gotta be a piece of junk (though one of my 'girlfriends' just told me they were like 95% accurate :P)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that works for me...i'm a fan of the colour blue...better than that stinkin' red...which suits Kent just fine!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're now in Blue

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
23... you guessed it, 6. 236 still no loss, and now the snow is back. Ahh, New England.

/shakes fist at sky!

Flagging is fine, although I think I need to be flogged ;)

...wonder what dress size I am... :(
Quote Reply

Prev Next