Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did that race one year when the temperatures were 22 below zero. It was amazing to see runners come in with icsicles hanging off their face masks from all their expired vapor. I can't say that I had fun, but that was the result of a lack of preparation.

Quote | Reply
'm a day late but a bit lighter at 166.2

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the late check-in. Finally had a chance to post this.

I now weigh 180 lbs. Actually a bit lower but lets rouund it up.

This is a great motivator.

Hosspro
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [hosspro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, well done.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the lateness: 209 lbs

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checking in with no data. I haven't had access to a scale for a while now. I ordered a Tanita through Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and even though it was in stock, it isn't shipping until Jan 24. Sheesh.

Put me down for 148 for Jan 9. I have regained a belt loop since then, but I am clueless as to my current weight. I'll provide a guestimate for this week on Saturday with a little luck.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fairly new triathlete here just 1 under my belt so far and doing this for love of competition as well as weight loss. Am I way too late to get in on this challenge or is it still open? If not I was 256.5 on 1 Jan 06 and now I am 248.5 on 18 Jan 06

"The miracle is that I started at all"--"The Penguin" John Bingham
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [trinewbiehank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
132. Need to buy a scale as I can only weigh in at the gym. My fat pant are too big and my skinny pants are too small so I need to find some tweeners.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [trinewbiehank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are most welcome to join.

The site has been updated

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am jumping in with both feet and my eyes closed.

20 lbs by 4/9/06

Weight: 214lbs

Height: 5'10"

Race weight goal" 190lbs.

My biggest hurdle is motivation and you have given me the

boost that I need.

Thanks

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [dustytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're in. The website has been updated

Now in order to play, we need to know your reward for achieving your goal / keeping it off & you dire consequence for not.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My reward will be going fast and feeling fitter.

My consequence for not will be lugging my larger frame around a fire pit in Arizona!

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there group

I did some really crude calculations on this whole weight loss challenge thingy:

Challenge size = 64 participants (as at Jan. 19)

This is really crude, but I took the max. weight for each person and the min. weight. I assumed max weight is your start weight and min. weight is your latest weight. Of course this will not be true for all people, but it’s a quick and dirty assumption. For those that gained weight, I just converted your weight loss to 0lb.

Given my assumptions, above, the average weight loss by the group is 3.7lb per person (1.8% of starting body weight)

The average weight loss (of those that have actually lost weight) is 4.5 lb per person (2.4% of starting body weight)

The top 10 (ranked by % of starting body weight lost) have lost is 7.3 lb per person (4.2% of starting body weight)
- Cheers, Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMAO

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [PaulC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you need to get out more :-)

Thanks for the calculations

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok i hope i can get in but i can only afford 15lbs...5 .10 male 158lbs.. now

....138lbs 2 years ago but then just a marathoner...now with all the swimming i hope i dont bulk up..if i cant make it by april 9 (dont worry this is well into lent)

i will have to give away gift certificates to the store..spokanediscount.com to the fellow swimmers at the y..and if i make it maybe a new p3 or a kona slot at imcda??
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [swaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the challenge

5, 10 or 15 it's all good :-)

You've been added. Check out www.rollingthundercanada.com

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy! What have you done to me?? When I said I gained back a belt notch, it meant I moved one notch smaller, so I am moving in the right direction. You popped me up a pound to 149. Oh, the shame! The embarressment! The humiliation! I won't be able to show my face around ST for weeks. Well, some people might be happy about that, but that is another story.

Anyway, until I can confirm one way or another, please leave me at 148 for the last two weeks.

I would just hate to have to get my lawyer involved with this little fiasco. Particularly since I don't have a lawyer.

For the humor impaired ;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm new to the site - so figured this would be a good thread to jump in on as my first post! Speedy - if you don't mind squeezing me into your chart I'm in as well as a late comer. Looking to drop about 15 pre Florida 70.3 in May.

Sounds like a bunch of you are in southern Ontario - is that correct?

Current beef: 194.6
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In in Canada, so call your lawyer.

You're 148 :-)

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mike_28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome

To play you have to give your reward & dire consequence.

The site's been updated www.rollingthundercanada.com

I don't know how many are in Southern Ontario, you should ask where everyonr is from if it's of interest to you. I would be curious as well. Maybe I could add a column with location?

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! My reward is achieving the needed race weight to avoid uneeded pain and suffering in Florida and then at IMC in August.

If I fail I'll wear an Ottawa Senators jersey (maybe T-shirt?) on the run in my first race this year! I assure you if you are not a hockey fan this is harsh punishment to a Torontonian.

- Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ikay it took some time but I finally came up with my reward and dire consequneces for if and when I lose the wieght and if I gain it back.

If I lose the weight I get anew Aquaman Metal Cell wetsuit, thankfully my tri club is sponsored by them. (I will need a new one anyway when I lose the weight.)

Dire consequences, I will wear a pink fairy costume complete with wings, tutu, crown, wand and sprinkling fairy dust at our most local Firecracker 5 miler on July 4th. (and post said pics) This not only is dire consequences it is a suicide mission cause it is out in the sticks, and those folks don't take kindly to weirdos!

BTW I am in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

"The miracle is that I started at all"--"The Penguin" John Bingham
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [mike_28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great consequence. However, I feel trinewbiehank has set the benchmark by which we should all be judged in terms of dire consequence. I would like to see someone top his & be prepared to do it.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply

Prev Next