Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 5'10"

11/24 Start weight = 204 lbs.

12/24 X-Mas weight = 199 lbs.

01/16 Current weight = 198 lbs.

Race weight in 2004 = 174 lbs.

Goal weight = 175 lbs. Reward: Training camp in Italy Consequence: Open water swimming in Wisconsin in May. (No wait, I have to do that anyway.) Consequence: I'll have to get back to ya.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [thomps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no change, 236...

gotta start running, I have an indoor rugby tournament in Feb that will kick my butt if I don't...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sitting at 187lbs for Jan 16th....................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday morning weigh in = 120.4 I don't even bother with the body fat reading. Sure I look at it all the time, but it goes up and down so much day by day, I'm not really sure what it is supposed to represent. One day I may actually be happy with what it says. For now I just glare at it and think evil thoughts.

Back in the right direction again! And I gave up diet Coke last Monday (all that talk about aspartame finally got to me). Only a few headaches and a powerful urge to eat chocolate (which I managed to ignore, thankfully).

There's a Peterborough Half in Feb? Cool. I may have to try that one. Is it really hilly like the Half IM in the summer?

Serena.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today's weigh-in: 203. I'm on a roll!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another 3lb lost this week so very happy to be still moving in the right direction.

Current weight 208.2. - Whew!! (217 just after Christmas)

Reward: - finishing the Way too COOL under the mandated cut-off of 7 hours
Dire Consequence: - The public humiliation of being one of the 2.5% of runners that DNF in this race

Cheers, Paul

------------
RD: The Tarawera Ultramarathon
http://www.taraweraultra.co.nz
------------
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"height 5'10"
date december 14 2005
current weight 142 lbs
target weight 125 lbs
current body fat 14.5% "

If I remember correctly you're a woman, and at 5'10" you want to go down to 125 lbs. and substantially below 14.5% body fat?!

Why????
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [serena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the link to the Ptbo Y Half Mary. It's known to be COLD, SNOWY, COLD and, SNOWY for this race. It'll be hilly but I don't think it's as bad as the Ptbo Half IM race - how much hillier could you get??!

I may give this a try this year.

http://www.peterboroughymca.org/marathon/index.htm Feb 26.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Irongirl. I'm okay with cold. Bring it on. But snowy I could do without. So I guess we'll wait and see. But it looks like it is along the river, so it should be flat, shouldn't it. Maybe this could be my dire consequence for not meeting my half way goal? I hate running in the snow!

Serena
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm at 192.

Kinda hit a snag, but I'm still in it, Kent. And what's up with all the whinining?! Scared to get on the scale?! This, after that whuppin' you gave me last week? Was that all just hot air? Are you just a loser like the rest of us? Now get on that bike. Maybe the cool air will help you reflect a little bit. Think about it and get back to us.... we'll leave the light on for ya.

By the way, am I the only one that feels offended by the "Power Endurance Speed 2006 Calendar" ad that keeps popping up at the top of the page? :-)

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Injury still keeping me from run training (day 23 after injury). Am starting to get in some easy bike riding tho. Some progress made on weight loss this week.

Height = 5'-8"

Start weight 172 lbs

Last week's weight = 168.5 lbs

Current Weight = 167 lbs

Last Year's race weight = 155

Target weight = 150 lbs on April 15, 148 on May 8th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going back in the right direction - 224 today. All the Christmas goodies are gone now, I can get serious again. The resolutionaries are out in full force at the gym.

J
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [JohnG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, you're not kidding, it was like a mad mob at the gym this weekend. families coming out of the woodwork...hadn't seen anything like that in years. hopefully some will keep with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weight this morning 202.5. Skated hard yesterday, and for the first time in four weeks without pain in the ribs.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kittycat, "hopefully some will keep with it!" A big emphasis on the word "some". It was a zoo and not much fun. Even at our Masters swim, the pool has been really crowded. Many younger kids, a year or two out of high school and either going to college locally or working.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Muh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [atl_tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The web site has been updated

I kinda went through the list & highlighed those who have lost the 1 - 2 lbs per week challenge goal. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

I am sure there will be more once those who are missing, submit their Jan. 16th results.

A question for fellow challengers, should I highlight those who have not lost or have gained?

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it too late to start now. I know that I am probably way behind but after weighing myself on Saturday, I need to get started. I weighed in at 188lbs on Saturday morning and this morning weighed in at 187lbs. Goal is to get to 175 before my baby boy is born in 10 weeks. If I can go lower I will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm down another lb to 167.

I don't see the highlights when I check the site right now, but I do think it's a good idea. What will you do - highlight those folks who are down at least 1 lb each week or those that are on track overall?

Thanks for your work on keeping this up to date. You know, I think this would be the perfect thing to put on Slowtwiki so we can all update our own weights.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never too late :-) Welcome. Do you have weight data going back to mid Dec.?

The goal is 1 - 2 lbs per week. What is your reward & dire consequence?

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice consistant loss, what's your secret? Don't tell me it's exercise & healthy eating.

As far as who gets highlighted in Blue (Good) & Red (Bad), I'm thinking about it. Suggestions?

BTW - Please double check the site to see if it's updated

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see the highlighted folks now. Perhaps it's just a timing issue? Maybe it just takes a little bit of time before I see the updates? I'm not really sure how that all works, but perhaps the web pages are cached and I only see the cache when I go the first time?

I like the idea of blue for a weight loss and red for a gain. I sure don't want to see my name in red, so that will be one more motivator (I need all that I can get!).

As for what's my secret, I've been struggling for quite a while with this weight loss thing. I go up and down by 10 lbs every year. I've finally started adding serious weight lifting to my workouts and I hope it's really going to help. Rather than worry about my weight, like usual, I've started only worrying about getting stronger and faster. I'm currently doing the Body for Life-type lifting and it's making a *huge* difference for me. I've been doing it since Thanksgiving and I can really tell a difference in my strength. Also, the weight is coming off slowly and consistently. For any women out there, there's a really great book by Dr. Pamela Peeke called Body for Life for Women. I highly recommend it.

I've also started to get control of my eating. I never really ate junky stuff, so that wasn't my problem. But, now my portions are much smaller, I eat only when I'm hungry (rather than say "Oh, it's 12:00 it must be lunchtime!") and I try very hard to stop when I'm full, not when I'm over-full. For me, I just have to find small changes on a day to day basis that will make the difference.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [rpombrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are now offically in the "Blue Zone". Congratulations on the lose of 8 lbs in 6 weeks

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
RollingThunderCanada

Quote Reply

Prev Next