Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
190.0 this morning. Time to start for real now that Christmas/New Year is over...
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
January 2nd weigh in.
Actually came down a pound to 181.
Now the fun begins...
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [cmsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
159 this morning, lost another pound.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Last edited by: Jim: Jan 2, 06 6:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning everyone and Happy New Year

Jan 2 weigh-in: 204 (moving in right direction but still higher than the start). Yes, this is where the fun starts.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [tridexter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Year's didn't hurt me! Down to 188.5 on the digital scale from 191 last week.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am in a holding pattern: 146lbs.

considering the holiday excesses i have indulged in, i am happy it is not more. back on the wagon, 130lbs here i come!

"Failure is an event, not a person."
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
142 lbs this morning. Now it's time to get serious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday Jan 2, 2006

123.4lbs.

Am very surprised but pleased to see consider ing the chips and chocolate I have eaten in the last week!

Serena
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [chickenlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch!! Just got off the scale and it appears that New Years weekend got the best of me.

184.7 up .3 lbs. New year, game on!!!

Happy New Year fellow losers!!!

Bob

What the mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [atl_tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
155.0, but I think I also now hold the new world record for quantity of baked potatoes consumed at a single sitting. Happy next year everybody.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Steve B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WooHoo, Jan. 2nd - down to 191, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I was sick and didn't eat much yesterday. Hmm... maybe I should continue this for another few days or until I pass out?

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [KS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan 2nd, up a pound to 189...........doh, x-mas and new years finally caught me. Training starts today and so does the watching of da food.

I am starting the Maffetone 2 week test, hope to drop at least 10lbs in the next 2 weeks and get in 10hrs of training each week to shed this excess LOAD i am carrying.

Here is the link: http://www.start2health.com/diet_twoweek.html

t~
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [rstocks3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew! Holidays are over and I've reached my weight goal! I've finally put on enough weight that I feel comfortable I can lose 20#'s. Things are going well, although in the wrong direction, now sitting at 167.4#'s.

I belive I have eaten every piece of chocolate, every cookie, cake and een most of those little cocktail weenies....things should be easier now.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I"m jumping in late in the thread because I am so HAPPY! I got on the scale at the gym (don't have one at home) and I'm down 4#'s from a month ago! Yipee! 135 to 131. The scale has been stuck at 135 forever.

Losing 20 would put me at 115 and I haven't been there since 10th grade. I'm not sure if it's reasonable but we'll see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alas, still not moving in the right direction, up a pound to 148. I guess the silver lining is that I only gained one pound from before Christmas through New Years. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't worked out every day from Dec 23 through Dec 31 for a total of 17+ hours? Too lazy to do anything yesterday, though, and became a couch potato and watched football all afternoon. :-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just weighed in at 181 lbs.

Making some progress.

Hoss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/2 Weigh In: 207lbs.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holding steady at 207.5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a pretty good week regarding eating discipline. Knee bruise still keeping me from run and bike training (day 9 after injury). Walking on incline treadmill and weight lifting for now.

Height = 5'-8"

Start weight after marathon eating day (next morning weigh in) 172 lbs

Current Weight = 165 lbs

Last Year's race weight = 155

Target weight = 150 lbs on April 15, 148 on May 8th.

% fat = too much
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha Haaaaaa! I knew last weeks weigh in was a fluke. 189.5. It can only be downhill from here. 2.5 in the books...17.5 to go (man that sounds horrid).
As a side note...since he seems to keep gaining weight can we now change the handle parkito to PORKito? Will that help motivate the Eagleman wannabe? Don't feel bad man....have another parkrind (oops that should be pork right) and feel better. Is it just me or does anyone else smell bacon?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still here. Still injured (cracked rib). Still fat. 204.0 and holding steady. Hope to swim and spin class this week though.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need to get into a steady diet, or try that training thing :) not to mention Sundays and Mondays are "visit other people who have lots of good snacks" days.

Up from last week no net change from week one.

234lbs
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [EvilBen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up 1lb, grrrr

New Years in Ottawa. Little or no exercise for four days & wrong foods at the wrong time.

I'm back home & back on the wagon as of this morning.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed the same from last week. Not to bad considering the wine, decadent food, sinful chocolate and LACK of any training during the holidays.

But the Around The Bay run training started today with a lovely Fartlek workout. Nothing like hauling 20 extra 20 lbs during a workout! (wonder if that can be considered weight training??!)

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply

Prev Next