Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone. Usually for every Ironman race there is a Facebook group for that race and you can get updates or any random info from participants and locals. I haven't been able to find one for Nice yet. Am I missing it? I need water temp updates DANGIT 🤣

Edited to add link for a new group just created. Hopefully enough people join it gets big enough to be useful.

https://www.facebook.com/...450/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Last edited by: Mutiger: Aug 28, 23 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants [Mutiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, i haven't found anything with active members. BTW, It looks like the water temp will be borderline wetsuit legal, so come prepared for both scenarios.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking as well. Usually i pick up a tip or three from a group focused on a particular race but I've not found anything very active for Nice. A couple Kona groups are very active.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...string=nice#p7988616
https://seatemperature.info/...ter-temperature.html
"September ave 23.3°C min 20.2°C max 26.5°C"
Unsurprisingly, given summer heatwave in Europe/Med, current sea temp is well above average (for August) so 10 Sep heading for above 23°C and may stay above 24°C

Section 4.02 WETSUIT RULES
(a) For age-group athletes, relay team athletes and Open Division athletes, wetsuits
may be worn in water temperature up to and including 24.5 degrees C/76.1 degrees
F (DSQ)
(b)
(c) For professional athletes, wetsuits may be worn in water temperatures up to and
including 21.9 degrees C/71.5 degrees F; (DSQ)
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 28, 23 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants [VentureTopX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, OP here. I decided to just create a group seems no one else has found one yet either. Feel free to join up

https://www.facebook.com/...450/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone downloaded the public transit app (as suggested) and had success with tickets? It seems it still requires a 'physical' card to load/pre-buy etc etc (which I presume cant get until there). Not the end of the world but just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong or common issue.

Thanks!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just joined FB group, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make it Public? There may be a few more people looking for that type of group who don't always check ST
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcrogers wrote:
Has anyone downloaded the public transit app (as suggested) and had success with tickets? It seems it still requires a 'physical' card to load/pre-buy etc etc (which I presume cant get until there). Not the end of the world but just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong or common issue.

Thanks!

I was in Nice in June and I did manage to use it.
I downloaded the app (following a QR code on a bus I think). The app then made me download a second app as a dependency. So effectively you needed to have both apps installed. I was then able to make the purchase from the phone on the main app and it worked. I've got Android. It's a bit clunky and not the best UI but it worked and if you save payment info then it's faster. I didn't need to use a physical card. Everything could be done from the app.

I also found that every tram stop has a ticket machine which I found it was actually faster than using the phone app. The same ticket can then be used on both trams and buses.
Last edited by: marcoviappiani: Aug 29, 23 4:55
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants [LP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LP wrote:
Make it Public? There may be a few more people looking for that type of group who don't always check ST

All of the other Ironman groups are also private. I think it is to keep the spammers out, but I FB doesn't let you change private groups back to public anyways to protect members in a private group. I'll keep approving people and hopefully it continues to to get bigger.and be useful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping for more people to see and join
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing this. I'm not much into FB but will certainly read/contribute here...

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Men's World Championship Nice: Participants [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, no fb account.

Anyone planning to join the Joe's beer mile on Monday? ;-)
Quote Reply