Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase
Quote | Reply
The gear thread contrasting gear from 30 years ago to todays gear (Thanks Devashish_Paul), got me thinking about gear being used in this years Tour De France.

There is some really awesome gear that crosses over to Triathlon, a few years back the Giro Aerohead was all the hype. A few years ago it was power meters and carbon fiber. what is it this year?

Saw this article on Time Trial tech and noticed some brands are not present; HED, Catlike, - Looks like a lot of Custom 3D and 'sponsorship' correcting being done by teams. Link.

What have you seen in this years Tour than you can't wait to add to your arsenal?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
What have you seen in this years Tour than you can't wait to add to your arsenal?

<pink> Disc brake TT bikes </pink>

Semi serious. I did sell one of my TT bikes in anticipation that I will eventually move to disc
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really excited for Speedbar/Look type extensions to become available at lower price points. The Bianchi looks like it has something similar to the WattShop bars which were GBP1500, but cleaner. Sure enough, Wattshop now has a new semi-custom version for half that price (link). The LaPierre bikes also have something similar, but with round tubing and deep cups.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jumbo also worked with Bigham so I think there is likely a link.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
The gear thread contrasting gear from 30 years ago to todays gear (Thanks Devashish_Paul), got me thinking about gear being used in this years Tour De France.

There is some really awesome gear that crosses over to Triathlon, a few years back the Giro Aerohead was all the hype. A few years ago it was power meters and carbon fiber. what is it this year?

Saw this article on Time Trial tech and noticed some brands are not present; HED, Catlike, - Looks like a lot of Custom 3D and 'sponsorship' correcting being done by teams. Link.

Pro LTD conti tires and custom TT extensions for WAY less than $1000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:

I have a whole shelf of Shimano based power meters a lot of them are using I need to remove from my arsenal. :/

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannondale Supersix Evo 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really want that special GP TT tire with the 4000 tread pattern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
Cannondale Supersix Evo 3

Ditto! Can't wait to get one of these beauties!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I want the Pinarello F12 eTAP bike. Bu both my heat pumps failed Saturday. 12k down the drain. dammit
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Tour De France Gear you can't wait to purchase [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can now buy ketones from KetoneAid

Cheapest option per serving. Less acidic than other brands. Also made here in the USA.

D. Holloway
21x US National Champion
Quote Reply