Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 PR Attempts
Quote | Reply
I've had a bucket list of PR times and managed to check off all but two - open 26.2 and 140.6. I'm pretty sure that if I go into either one properly trained, injury free and fresh I capable of hitting the times I want on both. My next 140.6 (and PR attempt) will likely be TX next April. I'd prefer some cooler TX weather for a 26.2 PR attempt so options would be either Jan/Feb or wait until Oct/Nov/Dec.

My gut tells me the smart play is to wait until fall. However, there is the option of a 26.2 ten weeks prior to IMTX. That would mean a run focus (with some bike work) up to that point and then a heavy bike focus the last 10 weeks of the IM build. I seriously doubt I'll go that route but I'm curious to know if anyone has successfully done something similar.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 PR Attempts [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely can be done. I'd aim for Houston or Arizona Marathons in Jan, then build to Texas IM end of April.

I tried for a half marathon PB at the start of Feb (12week build), and a Ironman PB at Texas last year. Failed at both Frown

Fitness was close with half marathon as nearly hit an 8k PB 8 days before race, but on race day at 5k into it I was struggling and lost 2mins on target time in rest of race.

Ironman was on for a 50min PB until a lapped rider fell in front of me 100miles into the bike...

My next PB attempts:
Ironman - Kona
Half marathon - same race in Feb
10k - Start of March
Marathon - Rotterdam in April

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply