Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Indian Wells 70.3
Quote | Reply
Anyone have intel on what the bike course will look like this year? The race is still in Tier 2 registration, which probably doesn't bode well for its long-term viability. I'm thinking about racing before they cancel it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Indian Wells 70.3 [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone I talked to both at the race and after had a great experience. Aside from the very, very cold water the course was enjoyable and fast. I think this is the type of race that will get a lot of registrations after October and the normal end of the race season. People who weren't happy with their last race will want redemption and this'll be pretty much the only option. I think that's what happened last year with registrations more or less as well.

Now the community on the other hand... apparently they did a terrible job making the public aware of road closures and other potential delays related to the race and people were quite upset. If they change the bike course I have to assume its because they won't be allowed to shut down so many roads to cars like last year.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Indian Wells 70.3 [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year it rather rapidly filled up after getting a large influx of fall 70.3 transfers after a few races got cancelled. In general, it is a race with a very cold swim (a shallow lake + cold December nights), a boring ass bike course and a fairly slow run course but in a tourist location during the prime tourist season. So it might do ok, but it will never be a sold out event.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply